CRM

fhdulay

Blog 'tag pages' they pull from the same template that the blog listing page used

"So the one of the agent says this is a solution but I'm not a developer:"

Blog 'tag pages' they pull from the same template that the blog listing page used (here ).

Within the 'Blog Content' module, if you click to edit the 'Edit listing template' portion of it, on lines 50-92, the code says to loop through all the posts that would be returned and show post previews for them. In the settings here  it's specified that the 'Number of posts per listing page' should be 1, so only 1 blog post preview is shown.

(The remaining post previews actually come from the other modules in the template - the 'Recent Article - blog 1', 'Recent Article - blog 2', etc - which don't show different content based on it being a 'tag page', so they will always show the same blog post previews).

The one post preview, at the top of both of the referenced tag pages, is this one  which when edited, we can see that it has several tags, including both of the ones related to the referenced tag pages, 'economist' and 'charlie-chesbrough' which is why it appears on both of these 'tag pages'.

While ostensibly you could increase the number of posts returned, this would increase the number of posts shown both on the main listing page as well as the tag pages (and there may be more posts that have both tags and therefore show up on both 'tag pages').

In most cases, it's expected that the tag pages look pretty similar (due to having the same outer blog markup and just show different posts related to the different tags - the alternative would be building out the template with a lot of conditional code that renders things differently based on the pages being 'tag pages'), but if you don't want to be concerned with 'Duplicate content' errors hurting their SEO you could include the 'blog/tag' path on their 'Robots.txt' file here(link edited for privacy)  so that Google doesn't crawl these tag pages, and therefore doesn't flag them as duplicate content. (this shouldn't affect Google's ability to index the main listing page or individual posts)

can anybody help?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blog 'tag pages' they pull from the same template that the blog listing page used

Hello @fhdulay, I just wanted to inform you that I had to update your post and remove the links for security reasons since this is a public Community, we would like to keep your information private.

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of where you are referring to?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

@Alex_ @Ian_Matt any recommendations to @fhdulay matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !