Block entries in CRM

SOLVE
APCJon
Participant

We have a list of companies we will not sell to any longer.  Is there a way to block these companies from being entered into the CRM?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Krystina
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @APCJon , 

I hope this finds you well! 

I wanted to unpack your question a bit to make sure I fully understand what you're asking:

1. Are you wanting these companies already in your CRM gone from the CRM/never to be talked to again?

2. Do you just want to monitor them and ensure they don't recieve sales/marekting communications?

3. Are you just wanting to prevent NEW contacts from certain compaines entering your CRM?

There are a number of things you can do to ensure that contacts already in your CRM are not communicated to:

1. You could put them on a suppression list, and have flags fire off to your team whenever they fill out a form to ensure nobody talks to them.

2. You could set their lifecycle stage to unqualified/do not market type status.

3. You could also set up a workflow that pulls anyone with an undesirable domain into a list that then gets deleted periodically.

OR 

If you're wanting to prevet new contacts from entering your CRM you could:

1. Block certain domains and not allow them to fillout forms (but you have to do this on every form):

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/block-form-or-pop-up-form-submissions-from-specific-email-domain... 

It really just depends on what you're trying to accomplish. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers, 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @APCJon,

There is no way to block these companies from being entered into the CRM.

@DanielSanchez@Krystina can you think of a way for @APCJon to handle companies he is no longer selling to? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Krystina
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @APCJon , 

I hope this finds you well! 

I wanted to unpack your question a bit to make sure I fully understand what you're asking:

1. Are you wanting these companies already in your CRM gone from the CRM/never to be talked to again?

2. Do you just want to monitor them and ensure they don't recieve sales/marekting communications?

3. Are you just wanting to prevent NEW contacts from certain compaines entering your CRM?

There are a number of things you can do to ensure that contacts already in your CRM are not communicated to:

1. You could put them on a suppression list, and have flags fire off to your team whenever they fill out a form to ensure nobody talks to them.

2. You could set their lifecycle stage to unqualified/do not market type status.

3. You could also set up a workflow that pulls anyone with an undesirable domain into a list that then gets deleted periodically.

OR 

If you're wanting to prevet new contacts from entering your CRM you could:

1. Block certain domains and not allow them to fillout forms (but you have to do this on every form):

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/block-form-or-pop-up-form-submissions-from-specific-email-domain... 

It really just depends on what you're trying to accomplish. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers, 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »

View solution in original post

APCJon
Participant

We deal with companies that we choose to never do business again with whether for lack of payment, breaking company policies, etc.  I just wanted to see if there was a way to signify in Hubspot a company be basicly "blackballed" from doing business.

0 Upvotes