CRM

APCJon
Participant

Block entries in CRM

SOLVE

We have a list of companies we will not sell to any longer.  Is there a way to block these companies from being entered into the CRM?

1 Accepted solution
Krystina
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Block entries in CRM

SOLVE

Hi @APCJon , 

I hope this finds you well! 

I wanted to unpack your question a bit to make sure I fully understand what you're asking:

1. Are you wanting these companies already in your CRM gone from the CRM/never to be talked to again?

2. Do you just want to monitor them and ensure they don't recieve sales/marekting communications?

3. Are you just wanting to prevent NEW contacts from certain compaines entering your CRM?

There are a number of things you can do to ensure that contacts already in your CRM are not communicated to:

1. You could put them on a suppression list, and have flags fire off to your team whenever they fill out a form to ensure nobody talks to them.

2. You could set their lifecycle stage to unqualified/do not market type status.

3. You could also set up a workflow that pulls anyone with an undesirable domain into a list that then gets deleted periodically.

OR 

If you're wanting to prevet new contacts from entering your CRM you could:

1. Block certain domains and not allow them to fillout forms (but you have to do this on every form):

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/block-form-or-pop-up-form-submissions-from-specific-email-domain... 

It really just depends on what you're trying to accomplish. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers, 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
MODonnell3
Participant

Block entries in CRM

SOLVE

I have the similar situation.  We have the company, but becuase of their behaviour, we just want to block the ability for that company to have a deal created, so we do not allow them to order any more products.

We dont want to remove them, or they may get re-added and then sold products.  

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Block entries in CRM

SOLVE

Hi @MODonnell3,

Thanks for reaching out!

It's currently not possible to prevent CRM records or associated records from being created in HubSpot.

I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
Krystina
Solution

Block entries in CRM

SOLVE

Hi @APCJon , 

I hope this finds you well! 

I wanted to unpack your question a bit to make sure I fully understand what you're asking:

1. Are you wanting these companies already in your CRM gone from the CRM/never to be talked to again?

2. Do you just want to monitor them and ensure they don't recieve sales/marekting communications?

3. Are you just wanting to prevent NEW contacts from certain compaines entering your CRM?

There are a number of things you can do to ensure that contacts already in your CRM are not communicated to:

1. You could put them on a suppression list, and have flags fire off to your team whenever they fill out a form to ensure nobody talks to them.

2. You could set their lifecycle stage to unqualified/do not market type status.

3. You could also set up a workflow that pulls anyone with an undesirable domain into a list that then gets deleted periodically.

OR 

If you're wanting to prevet new contacts from entering your CRM you could:

1. Block certain domains and not allow them to fillout forms (but you have to do this on every form):

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/block-form-or-pop-up-form-submissions-from-specific-email-domain... 

It really just depends on what you're trying to accomplish. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers, 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
APCJon
Participant

Block entries in CRM

SOLVE

We deal with companies that we choose to never do business again with whether for lack of payment, breaking company policies, etc.  I just wanted to see if there was a way to signify in Hubspot a company be basicly "blackballed" from doing business.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Block entries in CRM

SOLVE

Hi @APCJon,

There is no way to block these companies from being entered into the CRM.

@DanielSanchez@Krystina can you think of a way for @APCJon to handle companies he is no longer selling to? 

Thank you,
Jenny