CRM

SpubHot
Teilnehmer/-in

Birthday property not a date picker?

lösung

I'm trying to fill in the default property "Date of Birth" for contacts and don't know what format I should put it into. There is no date picker. I can write anything I want in there. Is that intentional? How can I make the system recognize birthdays and e.g. notify me or send automatic happy-birthday emails?

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 17.29.26.png

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Mike_Eastwood
Lösung
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @KatieLippusCSM , @ACohen@LJorgensen 

The default Date of Birth field in HubSpot is a Text Field that is populated by the Facebook Integration.

The default Date of Birth field is NOT a Date Field.

I recommend creating a new Date Field for your Date of Birth.

Years ago we came across this issue for a client (we're a HubSpot Agency) so we built a Custom hubSpot Integration to handle this issue (and calculate the age of the Contact). 

We've recently learned that the HubSpot Date of Birth will stay as it is for now.

So, we're working on the deployement so we can add our HubSpot Integration into the Marketplace.

We're looking at a way to do a free and paid version (with more features).

If you'd like to learn more please visit Contact Birthday and Automated Contact Age Property HubSpot Integration.

And, we'd love to hear your use cases to help us make our product better.

Thank you

Mike

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

16 Antworten
HappyChicken
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

C'mon Hubspot. Fix this.

Nebula
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

There are other valuable suggestions too. I will appreciate a discussion. I have just started exploring HS I found other lacunae vis-à-vis real life sales practices

Mike_Eastwood
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @Nebula 

We've resumed work on our Contact Birthday & Age HubSpot Integration.

I like your idea of being able to set Birthday (Month/Date) or Date Of Birth (Date/Month/Year).

We'll have a chat about it tomorrow.

Thank you

Mike

Mike_Eastwood
Lösung
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @KatieLippusCSM , @ACohen@LJorgensen 

The default Date of Birth field in HubSpot is a Text Field that is populated by the Facebook Integration.

The default Date of Birth field is NOT a Date Field.

I recommend creating a new Date Field for your Date of Birth.

Years ago we came across this issue for a client (we're a HubSpot Agency) so we built a Custom hubSpot Integration to handle this issue (and calculate the age of the Contact). 

We've recently learned that the HubSpot Date of Birth will stay as it is for now.

So, we're working on the deployement so we can add our HubSpot Integration into the Marketplace.

We're looking at a way to do a free and paid version (with more features).

If you'd like to learn more please visit Contact Birthday and Automated Contact Age Property HubSpot Integration.

And, we'd love to hear your use cases to help us make our product better.

Thank you

Mike

Nebula
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Is there a way to only fill "Date and Month"? (as most people on the internet don't divulge YOB), e.g. on LinkedIn and FB, one knowing the day can send the greetings. Greeting B'day is a great chance to build personal rapport and open the discussion.  

I will eagerly wait for a response on this

Regards

TWallace8
Mitglied

lösung

We have another integration that also synchronises contact details (including date of birth) between HubSpot and the other platform. For whatever reason, the date of birth in HubSpot that is synched from Facebook is out by 1 day. Could be a conversion issue due to dates being stored in UTC and then transposed to local time (I am in Australia). That the date is not stored in a date format makes it impossible to interrogate.

0 Upvotes
KatieLippusCSM
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung
0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @KatieLippusCSM 

Thank you for your reply. 

That means some contacts have a value for this property. You'd need to export the values for this property for every contact; then erase the values for this property for all these contacts and then you'll be able to change the type field. Keep in mind that as @Mike_Eastwood mentioned this is a property populated by the Facebook Integration so it could be better to create a new Date of Birth property

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
ACohen
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

So there is no answer to this question from HubSpot? It seems like @TiphaineCuisset sent the standard answer but didnt verify that this property that we are talking about is called "Date of Birth" and is one created by HubSpot by default so we can't edit it. 

Looks like I will have to contact individual support. 

TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @ACohen 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I had tested in my portal and it was working with the default HubSpot property - can you send us a screenshot of what's happening on your end? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
LJorgensen
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

To add to this is there a way to validate birthdays? People have an incredible tendency to put in the current year. Our product is age sensitive, so it's a big problem.

Laurie

0 Upvotes
JenNS1
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hello HubSpot, this seems like an oversight. Could you please provide more functionality for birthdays? 

We will also be doing this for our membership renewals at some point, so please don't limit this function to just the birthday field, but any date field.

Thank you!! 

TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @JenNS1 

Thank you for reaching out. 

You can edit the property field type by following these steps

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

0 Upvotes
Shadz
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I'm actually incurring the same problem. I had to delete DOB for all my contacts manually, and I changed the property of DOB to date picker. It worked for a while, but I imported a file to enter the DOB again, the property went automotically to single line text again. 

I think this is something @SpubHot should solve. Please advise.

Mike_Eastwood
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @SpubHot 

When you create the property you can choose Date picker to restrict the field to dates.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 10.03.25 AM.png

If you already have data in your Date of Birth field HubSpot probably won't let you change the field type. So, you will probably have to set up a new field.

Have fun

Mike

0 Upvotes
SpubHot
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks. Yes, I know I can add custom fields. But why do I need duplicate fields for this? Seems so clunky. What's the point for Hubspot to provide a default property and then make it so unusable that I have to replicate it with a custom property?

It's actually not just the DOB. There are many more fields like that. Take for another example the default property "Twitter profile photo", which is ... single line text??

What's the point?