CRM

KevinKelly
Participant

Best way to import project milestone status?

SOLVE

Hi all,

I support an organization that works with over 100 colleges. We want to use Hubspot to track all 100+ colleges' progress on several different projects. From what I can tell*, the best way to do this involves the following:

• Create"Company" properties associated with each project milestone (e.g., [Project X name]-[Milestone Y]).
  • On the Company page, import the spreadsheet that currently holds the project milestone status for each college. 

Is this correct? Does anyone have any advice or recommendations?

* I'm using the free version for testing, but am pretty sure we'll need to move to the Starter level of the CRM Suite Bundle. From what I gather, the Starter level gets you 1000 custom properties, which should be enough for the project milestones and custom contact fields.

Thank you for your help!

Kevin

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MandyDROS
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Kevin,

This sounds like a good solution! 

If you have service hub starter you can have ticket pipelines that you move them through and you can set it up to automatically give you tasks and reminders when a ticket gets to a particular stage.  We have used the service hub in this way to track projects and processes for nonprofits and it works well.  Each stage can be a milestone if that is reasonable and you would do a cross-object import to map each company to the proper stage based on the milestone value.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KevinKelly ,

You are right. This is the correct way to keep track of the collesges. Import them as companies. You can import the contacts and associate them with these colleges ... like any person who is representing that college. You can create multiple custom properties to store the data. I guess there is no limit to custom properties in starter package.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

KevinKelly
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Webdew, 

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. Before I mark anything as a solution, I'm going to test my idea (that you confirmed) and MandyDROS' idea to use Service Hub tickets to track project milestones. They are both good ideas! 🙂

BTW, I saw that there actually is a limit to custom properties in the starter package (1000 properties).

Kevin

0 Upvotes
MandyDROS
Solution

SOLVE

Kevin,

This sounds like a good solution! 

If you have service hub starter you can have ticket pipelines that you move them through and you can set it up to automatically give you tasks and reminders when a ticket gets to a particular stage.  We have used the service hub in this way to track projects and processes for nonprofits and it works well.  Each stage can be a milestone if that is reasonable and you would do a cross-object import to map each company to the proper stage based on the milestone value.  

KevinKelly
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, MandyDROS! 

I'll explore the service hub / ticket approach. It seems like that might work better for generating reports for dashboards, than just having a series of properties associated with a company. Do you create dashboards for tracking the nonprofit projects?

Kevin

0 Upvotes
MandyDROS

SOLVE

@KevinKelly ,

I have and it works very well!  Do you have any questions on the dashboards? 

Let me know and I will give you feedback on them if you would like! 

If this solution works for you then please mark it as a solution 🙂

Cheers,

Mandy

0 Upvotes