CRM

RebeccaPick
Participant

Best way to deal with customers adding additional licenses part way through a contract

SOLVE

Hi, 

We provide software licenses for a minimum of 12 months. We see a few customers coming back a few months into contract wanting to add additional licenses. I want to show these as new sales in the monthly sales reports but don't want their company accounts clogged up with lots of little deals, which gets complicated as they have multiple deals as they sign up year after year. What is the best way to log these additional user sales in the system?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Best way to deal with customers adding additional licenses part way through a contract

SOLVE

Hi @RebeccaPick,

I can't think of a great way to include this on the monthly reports without adding additional deals associated with the company accounts. You could potentially use the tickets pipeline for additional seats/management, but getting the data to the monthly sales reports would be a bit more challenging.

I'd be happy to chat further about this if you'd like.

Josh 

Thanks for the ping @natsumimori

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
BLucassen
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, is there a place where I can find more information about this? I am also looking for this type of solution. 

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BLucassen, hope you are doing well!

I will encourage you to check Josh answer and schedule a meeting with him if you want to chat further about this topic 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RebeccaPick,

I can't think of a great way to include this on the monthly reports without adding additional deals associated with the company accounts. You could potentially use the tickets pipeline for additional seats/management, but getting the data to the monthly sales reports would be a bit more challenging.

I'd be happy to chat further about this if you'd like.

Josh 

Thanks for the ping @natsumimori

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

RebeccaPick
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Josh! Yeah I was just wondering if there was a simple answer I was missing. Thanks very much for coming back to me on this.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RebeccaPick ,

I wanted to tag in Community Top Contributors to see if they have advice for you.

@Josh and @mike-ward , do you have any suggestions?