CRM

BJulien
Participant

Best way to create a list of contacts with bad email address

SOLVE

Hi,

I am wondering if any of you have figured out a correct way to get a list of bad emails? I am using a dynamic list with the clause :

• At least one associated Activity has
  • Email send status is any of Bounced

Unfortunately this list includes many good email that had a soft bounce (tempoary). In many case, the contact log shows a bounce followed by a click on a document in the email. So obviously these are not contact with a bad email even though their is a bounced activity associated with the contact. Any good suggestions?
0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BJulien 

You can try creating a dynamic list with the clause "Email Hard Bounce Reason". From there, you can select one or multiple reasons. For "bad emails" I recommend selecting Unknown User. Mixing up a combination of one or multiple reasons may give you the data you are looking for. 

Lists.png

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help the rest of the community. 
Thank you. 
-Will

View solution in original post

BJulien
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Will.

I think your sugesstion helped me find most of the bad emails. I used a filtered list instead with the follwoing criteria:

Annotation 2020-06-22 130201.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BJulien 

You can try creating a dynamic list with the clause "Email Hard Bounce Reason". From there, you can select one or multiple reasons. For "bad emails" I recommend selecting Unknown User. Mixing up a combination of one or multiple reasons may give you the data you are looking for. 

Lists.png

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help the rest of the community. 
Thank you. 
-Will

BJulien
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Will.

I think your sugesstion helped me find most of the bad emails. I used a filtered list instead with the follwoing criteria:

Annotation 2020-06-22 130201.png