CRM

hs-user
Participant

Best process to capture lead information at an event?

SOLVE

Hi All,

We are looking for a solution to capture lead information at an event. We've tested the Business Card Scanner, which works well, but we want to ask our Sales team to enrich the contact records they create.

This should not only include scanning a business card but also setting other properties such as segment type and brand interests.

Which option would be best for a smooth process during busy and stressful events?

A- As soon as the contact record is created, Sales should open a specific Hubspot form that we have prepared in advance with the properties that need to be filled.

B- As soon as the contact record is created, Sales should go to the record and search for each property that needs to be filled. But how can we make the Hubspot Mobile View more convenient and only display the properties that need to be updated?

Any advice would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @hs-user 

As you've stated, there are a few ways you could achieve this, but at an event you typically want reps to give of a composed impression, so accessing the CRM directly to find and update contact records may not look right. 

You could try the HubSpot form approach - to make this work you will need to:

1. Turn on Always create contact for new email address (See: Customize your form options )
  2. Get sales reps to enter the contact's email address, carefully, each time they submit

This will ensure that submitting the same form over and over on the same machine doesn't overwrite the wrong contact details.

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Agree with @Phil_Vallender here. I'd even go an additional step and let the prospect DIY their contact info, creating a QR code for them to scan and answer a few quick, simple questions. It could be in return for something of value (a downloadable report you'll send them as an example). But this QR code could go to a HubSpot form that asks the exact questions you need, which would create the contact record and upate your desired properties. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
YiannisPètevis
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there. Consider adding creative, interactive elements such as quizzes, surveys, challenges, or other engaging activities to incorporate into your event. Customize the gamification elements to align with your event goals and branding and encourage attendees to interact with the activities to increase engagement and capture leads. Make sure you monitor real-time event insights and analytics provided by specialized platforms (e.g. https://momencio.com/) that integrates with Hubspot. to track lead engagement and behavior and  create a memorable and impactful experience for attendees while also increasing lead capture and driving event success.

0 Upvotes
bossman

SOLVE

Hi,

For your needs, momencio might be the ideal solution. Beyond business card scanning and contact enrichment, it allows your team to present and share various forms of marketing collateral directly during the interaction. Also, momencio enables the curation of customized follow-ups, aligning with each lead’s interests and segments. This integration with platforms like HubSpot ensures that all captured information and interactions are seamlessly updated in your CRM, reducing the manual effort during busy events. This holistic approach could significantly streamline your lead capture process, making it more efficient and effective.

0 Upvotes
YiannisPètevis
Participant

SOLVE

I second that - Momencio was integral for automating and maximizing leads generation.

0 Upvotes
Stephanie7
Participant

SOLVE

Is there a way we can use the Lead Capture form but enable the voice note functionality? For example, if we can the business card to create a new contact and add a voice note then we have no way of knowing the lead is from the trade show.
But, if we use the Lead Capture form we create for the show, it's a lot more manual and we can't use the scan or voice note functionality. Is there a way to either add this functionality to the lead capture form, or a way of tagging the event in any new contacts created so we can then segment to follow up?

Thanks 

bossman

SOLVE

Hi @Stephanie7 ,

It sounds like you're looking for a more integrated solution. momencio offers exactly what you need. When capturing a lead, not only can you scan business cards, but you can also add voice notes immediately. momencio transcribes these notes for ease of reference. This ensures that each lead is tagged and recorded with specific details from the event, streamlining your follow-up process. Additionally, all information, including voice notes, is automatically organized in your CRM, making it easier to segment and manage leads post-event. 

I hope this helps!

danmoyle

SOLVE

@Stephanie7 I don't know about the voice note question, but you could certainly tag the contacts in a few ways. One would be creating a campaign and UTM link for the page where the form lives (and where a QR code leads). This campaign would tag all contacts with an interaction. 

You could also use hidden properties on the form, or the date it was filled out, and add them to a list. This would segment them, but it could also allow you to have a custom property where you include the event name. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @hs-user 

As you've stated, there are a few ways you could achieve this, but at an event you typically want reps to give of a composed impression, so accessing the CRM directly to find and update contact records may not look right. 

You could try the HubSpot form approach - to make this work you will need to:

1. Turn on Always create contact for new email address (See: Customize your form options )
  2. Get sales reps to enter the contact's email address, carefully, each time they submit

This will ensure that submitting the same form over and over on the same machine doesn't overwrite the wrong contact details.

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Agree with @Phil_Vallender here. I'd even go an additional step and let the prospect DIY their contact info, creating a QR code for them to scan and answer a few quick, simple questions. It could be in return for something of value (a downloadable report you'll send them as an example). But this QR code could go to a HubSpot form that asks the exact questions you need, which would create the contact record and upate your desired properties. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website