CRM

CWycoff

Best Way to separate B2B and B2C contacts?

SOLVE

Hi - I have a B2B2C SaaS business that I'm just setting up in HubSpot. 

I sell directly B2B, but also want retain end users so that I can tell them about special events and other activities that will help drive them to businessnesses that subscribe to my solution. I would like to create 2 groups or segments (Professional - my B2B leads and customers and End User - B2C leads and customers)

Ideally, I would have different contact properties and sales/marketing workflows for each type of customer. 

What's the best way to set this up?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CWycoff,

I would set up a multiple checkboxes property with values B2B and B2C - and then use it to dynamically display different left record sidebars on contact, company, deal etc objects: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars#make-a-record-sidebar-section-cond...

This would allow you to display different properties. You can also use the property to include or exclude contacts on workflows, set up reports, filtered views and so on.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CWycoff,

I would set up a multiple checkboxes property with values B2B and B2C - and then use it to dynamically display different left record sidebars on contact, company, deal etc objects: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars#make-a-record-sidebar-section-cond...

This would allow you to display different properties. You can also use the property to include or exclude contacts on workflows, set up reports, filtered views and so on.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes