CRM

Dalton
Participant

Best Practices on multicountry organization?

SOLVE

Hi! Hubspot newbie here 😄 

I've recently taken over our company CRM and I'm trying to do my best at cleaning up 😅. I was using the remove duplicate tool to try and clean up some of the mess, but there are some things I'm having trouble grasping when it comes to structuring companies example:

• Amazon.com
    • Amazon.ca
    • Amazon.co.uk 

Would you normally set the Parent company Amazon.com and then child companies underneath? What if the parent company has nothing to do with the deals from the child company? Any insights or best practices would be really appreciated! 

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dalton,

We don't always use the parent/child relationship, especially if that relationship has no pertinence as to how you work with them, report, communicate, bill, etc.

Josh

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JOpie
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi -

We use the company name to differentiate, it makes life simpler and cleaner. Hence you would use, in your example, Amazon, Amazon (Canada) and Amazon (UK). A workflow can then take care of making sure your contacts and deals are connected to the proper company, by reviewing the email domain and then assigning that contact or deal to that entity...

This is useful when you have operations in multiple countries and want, for instance, to reach out only to Amazon (Canada) contacts without annoying the Amazon (UK) contacts because the former dearly want to know where they can get great deals on poutaine, while the UK contacts struggle how to pronounce that word and would be horrified at the idea. 🙂

You can then define the parent-child relationship more simply and then don't worry about making sure that the right people are assigned to the right company (as the workflow does that).

It's more difficult if the company uses only one domain for all entities, but that's where the country property comes into play for segmentation (if you don't have that, you can parse the telephone number for the international dialing code if that is set up cleanly).

Best, John

0 Upvotes
Felipe77

SOLVE

hi John, good answer, thanks. When you say "use the company name to differentiate", do you mean within each user's account settings? Or how/where would this differentiation take place?

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Dalton,

We don't always use the parent/child relationship, especially if that relationship has no pertinence as to how you work with them, report, communicate, bill, etc.

Josh

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Dalton 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Josh @Bruno_Teixeira @louischausse do you have some recommendations for @Dalton on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes