CRM

barbuckle

Best Practices for managing the terms of a deal post close

SOLVE

Hi- My team is currently using HS for marketing, and we are evaluating moving our Sales CRM and Service to HS from Salesforce.

I manage our Customer Success team, and I've been poking around the 15-day trial to determine what is the best way to manage the contract terms of a deal once it closes. Right now in SF, I can use "contracts" (screenshot attached) where I can create a contract along with the term, monthly fee, associated implementation fees, assign the solutions included in the contract and any other details. Then I can run reports based on those different objects. For example, I have a report showing the contract term date so that we can manage upcoming contract renewals.

I am at a loss on where/how to do this in HS. I am wondering if this would be able to be managed directly in HS under the sales or service module, or would I need an additional HS module and or something from the marketplace? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 2.20.56 PM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
elizheleva
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi, @barbuckle ,

The first thing that comes to mind is using the Product library. In that, you can specify different product offerings of your business. Within the setup, you can define the product type, the unit price and unit cost with the margin information, billing frequency, etc. I've added a screenshot to show you the native capabilities.

When you create a deal, you can add line items, i.e. products and can specify any discounts, the actual term, the start day of the contract, and so on.

elizheleva_0-1698783696912.png

This is how the line items of a deal can look like - you can have multiple, with different billing terms and pricing.

elizheleva_1-1698784045338.png

You can then run reports on the different line items and deal metrics.

Hubspot is highly customisable, so I'm sure that if the native functionality doesn't work, new properties can be created to accommodate the business requirements.

I've done a lot of work with clients with Deal renewals, auto-creating renewal deals, CS onboarding and renewal processes and automation. There are different approaches, so depends on what your current process is, that will determine the required setup.

If you think that it will be easier to talk through what's needed, so I can give you some more feedback, feel free to book a call with me using the link in my signature. Then I can show you in real time how some of the setup can work.

Best regards,

Eli

@PamCotton thank you for the tag 🙂

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
elizheleva
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi, @barbuckle ,

The first thing that comes to mind is using the Product library. In that, you can specify different product offerings of your business. Within the setup, you can define the product type, the unit price and unit cost with the margin information, billing frequency, etc. I've added a screenshot to show you the native capabilities.

When you create a deal, you can add line items, i.e. products and can specify any discounts, the actual term, the start day of the contract, and so on.

elizheleva_0-1698783696912.png

This is how the line items of a deal can look like - you can have multiple, with different billing terms and pricing.

elizheleva_1-1698784045338.png

You can then run reports on the different line items and deal metrics.

Hubspot is highly customisable, so I'm sure that if the native functionality doesn't work, new properties can be created to accommodate the business requirements.

I've done a lot of work with clients with Deal renewals, auto-creating renewal deals, CS onboarding and renewal processes and automation. There are different approaches, so depends on what your current process is, that will determine the required setup.

If you think that it will be easier to talk through what's needed, so I can give you some more feedback, feel free to book a call with me using the link in my signature. Then I can show you in real time how some of the setup can work.

Best regards,

Eli

@PamCotton thank you for the tag 🙂

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @barbuckle, thank you for posting in our Community and sharing more details about it. 

It would be amazing to invite some of our top experts to this conversation to share the best tips about it @Dan1 @HubDoPete @elizheleva any recommendations to @barbuckle matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !