CRM

MMetros5
Contributor

Best Practices - Child-account structure for international organizations that share 1 domain

Sub-account structure for multi-chapter / international organizations that share 1 domain (ex: Sea Shepherd)

For Sea Shepherd (and other international multi-chapter organizations). We occasionally (though not always), have a primary company record: Sea Shepherd , and country-specific chapters: Australia , UK , NZ 

Issues

1. Right now the contacts are scattered across deals and chapters somewhat arbitrarily.

2. Having existing accounts as child companies to the main international chapter would be beneficial

Goal

We have thousands of accounts in our Hubspot Instance. What is the quickest way that we can link these accounts together?

Idea

I am assuming that I should export our companies and sort by domain and created date ascending. 

From there I would just put the oldest account as the parent account in excel and then re-upload it into Hubspot. 

Is this possible?

2 Replies 2
JOpie
Top Contributor

Best Practices - Child-account structure for international organizations that share 1 domain

Hi -

It depends on your data quality.

Have Sea Shepard as the parent and then Sea Shepard (UK), Sea Shepard(NZ) etc. as children companies.

While the email domain is the same, something else from the contact isn't, such as a telephone number with international dialing code (like +49 or 0049 for Germany) or the country/region is correctly assigned to the contact. Depending on the number of contacts you can a) manually assign via a view or b) use a workflow to assign.

The first case is good if you only have a few contacts for each and this is a one-time job; otherwise use the workflow to find the country and/or international dialing code and then change the associated company to the proper one.

Best, John

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MMetros5,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I want to tag some of our experts on this- @HubSpotMaster@karstenkoehler@Phil_Vallender@Mike_Eastwood do you have any thoughts for @MMetros5 on this? 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes