CRM

JayGuidance
Participant

Best Practice for Segmenting Partners

Hello Community, does anyone have a recommendation on how to best segment partner contacts?  These are people and companies who help close deals and refer business but are not customers.  Currently, I am setting these to the Lifecycle Stage = Evangelist, but this seems more for Customers who refer business.  It would also be nice to add partners to deals but a deal can only be associated with one company.

We have specific email messaging we wish to share with our partners.  Hence, the further need to segment.

I understand that this could be done with another field such as Lead Status or Custom, but I am trying to streamline steps.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @JayGuidance ,

Another way to resolve this issue is to create a custom property for contact and add them to a list. This would help you to easily segment the contacts and add them to the dynamic list.

If you know any of their unique property, then you can create a workflow to automatically add them to a list.

Don't hesitate to contact if you need any assistance.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Kidomu
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @JayGuidance ,

Depending on how you would like to use the segmentation, you could create a single checkbox custom property "Partner" (or something that works for you). This would give you the option to have the value set to true (yes) or false (no). If you prefer to have more options than just the yes/no, for example, potential, you could use a different field type like multiple checkboxes or a dropdown select.  

Having a separate custom property would also allow you to record a contact or company as a customer and a partner. 

Hope this helps but please let me know if you have further questions.

Best,

Kirsten

0 Upvotes