Best Practice? Sending "Free Pass" via email

lbrown27
Contributor

When a prospect requests a trial pass we email it to them and the pass is in the email creative. I've wondered for a while what we can do without too much effort to get trackability on who goes past opening the email but before coming in...anyone ever have a pass like this where you have to click through to print?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Vectordude
Contributor

What kind of free trial is it? Is it software based, product based, service based? It also depends on how you are delivering the trial?

Are salespeople manually sending a PDF? Is it an automated email that links to a PDF, is it some other way?

I do know if it is a manual email, salespeople can create sales documents with unique URLs that you can track how long they view and interact with the document.

0 Upvotes
lbrown27
Contributor

Thanks for replying. This is a pass for a free day, class, etc. in our fitness clubs. It is based off the request from our website forms. When the request is submitted and validated we send an email - the email has the pass but it only requires printing it to bring in with you. I wasn't sure if there was a best practice related to tracking that shows how many printed (could link to a landing page or pop up to print?) or something else, right now its static so I was using this strange time we're in to figure out some long-standing questions such as this. Basically I know: delivered > opened > visited; I'd love to get tracking on engagement with the email a bit deeper. thx if you have any ideas!

0 Upvotes
Vectordude
Contributor

Totally in the same boat! I just got help solving an issue for a longstanding issue with notifications for lead temperature.

Yeah, if you want to get super granular data about engagement, I would definitely suggest looking into the sales documents feature. Since it sounds like there is some manual verification that happens, it would just require an additional step by the teammember who approves and delivers the free pass. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/documents/use-documents#share-your-document

If you want it to be completely hands off for your team, I would use a CTA in the email to link to the PDF. This would let you see the click rate for the offer. 

Alternatively, you could use the CTA to direct them to a landing page where the pass has been embeded, put a button on the page for "Print". Then set up a web tracking event for when they click the print button. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/events/create-custom-events

I will say, with this last option, it does add a few steps to the user experience so there is a chance conversion rates may see a slight dip. However, I think since its a fee pass, you are providing the user enough value to entice the user through the entire process.

0 Upvotes