CRM

ChrisMiami
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Best Object to Store Webinar Registrations

SOLVE

Hello,

We are mapping integration between our ERP system and our new HubSpot.  Our ERP holds webinar/conference event attendee information and I'm trying to determine the best HubSpot Object to map to.

A contact can attend many events.  The event properties include

- Email address (of registrant)
- Event Code
- Event Name

- Event Type
- Register Date
- Cancel Date

- Registration Fee Paid
- Attendance (Yes/No)

I understand that the Marketing Events Object is new and has limited functionality.  I would not be able to email my HubSpot database but exclude contacts already registered with an associated Event Code (for example).

What is the smartest Object for holding event registration data?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@ChrisMiami what level of HubSpot do you have? If Enterprise, I would suggest a Custom Object called "Webinars" that you can then associate to Contacts (and even Company records). If not, perhaps using Deals or Tickets (if you aren't using them for sales or service) and creating those properties. This would also allow you to associate contacts. It's not a great hack, Custom Object would be much better. But if you're not looking at Enterprise, it may be solution. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@ChrisMiami what level of HubSpot do you have? If Enterprise, I would suggest a Custom Object called "Webinars" that you can then associate to Contacts (and even Company records). If not, perhaps using Deals or Tickets (if you aren't using them for sales or service) and creating those properties. This would also allow you to associate contacts. It's not a great hack, Custom Object would be much better. But if you're not looking at Enterprise, it may be solution. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
ChrisMiami

SOLVE

Arrg!  @danmoyle you reminded me of something I forgot--custom objects is only Enterprise.  Of course this account is on Marketing Hub Pro.  I think we'll go with Deals.  Thank you for helping me cut through the clutter.

I know I'll have other clients that want similar solutions and think a custom object like you describe makes the most sense.  I'm still getting my head around some of the details.

danmoyle

SOLVE

Haha @ChrisMiami - happy to get the ARRG! 😂

Good luck! 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisMiami,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

This is an excellent question 🙂 

I would like to add some experts to our conversation.

Hey @Josh@danmoyle@Jnix284@StjepanGrcic@AnxiouslyEager - Do you have any advice for @ChrisMiami

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
ChrisMiami

SOLVE

As I'm thinking this through, we would have webinars with list prices and other details as a Custom Object. 

But then contacts can register (purchase) a webinar using different discount codes, different registration prices, different attendance status (registered, attended all, attended partial, canceled), etc. 

I guess the tricky part is figuring out how to record those transaction-specific details, and where.  Any advice?