BCC from Mandrill transactional email not logged to CRM

Foxy
Participant

I'm using Madrill for sending transactional emails, and have these set up to send to customer and BCC to my Hubspot BCC mail logging address.

Hubspot is not logging these transactional emails at all.

The' from' address I'm using for these transactions emails from Mandrill is also:

•  used for a Gmail inbox that Hubspot is configured to access as a connected channel
  •  configured as the Hubspot inbox fall-back email address
  • set up to enable Hubspot users to use it as the 'from' address for any outbound email directly out of Hubspot.

The 'to' address for every transactional email sent via Mandrill is a user that already exisits in my Hubspot CRM.

How can I get Hubspot to log these trasactional emails to the CRM record?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @Foxy,

Can you please begin by going through the steps outlined here to ensure you are using the bcc address in a way that is compatible with HubSpot? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Foxy
Participant

HI Jenny, yes I believe I have all the BCC pre-requisites set up - I can send from this address both from GMail and from Mandrill, when I send and BCC from Gmail, the Hubspot CRM logging works as expected.

So I think this eliminates things like wrong config and account eligibiliity? 

When I send and BCC from Mandrill - using exactly the same 'from' address, the BCC does not get logged to Mandrill.

Need to figure ourt whats happening here and rectify as soon as possible

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @Foxy,

HubSpot requires the BCC address to be included in the BCC field. The BCC address goes to our server and once we download the received email we go through a series of checks to make sure this is an email we should log. These checks are documented here.

Have you considered creating email engagements via the Engagements API? It seems like Mandrill is changing the format of how the email is sent and making it incompatible with how HubSpot logs emails.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
LucdVal

HI @Foxy , Hi @jennysowyrda ,

I would like to do the same thing as @Foxy and log to CRM emails sent via Mandrill with BCC.

Did you finally find a way to do so ?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Luc

0 Upvotes
FoxyLoxy
Participant
LucdVal

Thanks very much for the quick reply, will try and let you know!

Cheers!