CRM

rjonesSolaria
Contributor

Automation to assign leads by day of the week or Enrolling in workflow by day of the week

SOLVE

My reps want to be assigned leads by day of the week, no matter how much I tell them it isn't standard or doable with automation. 

I tried having a workflow for each rep that only executes on the day that sales person is active but without limiting the enrollment to a day of the week, it just reenrolls the lead in every workflow and runs them as the day or time changes. There is no other distinguishing difference in the leads so all of the enrollment triggers have to be the same.

I've been using the Unenrollment and Suppression tab to unenroll them from the other unapplicable worklfows, but that doesn't stop the initial enrollement of those other wokflows and those all have unenrollment rules that unenrolls them from the appropriate workflow and then none of them are completed. It's driving me crazy. Sorry for the ramble.

Any idea on a fix or workaround, something I'm missing anything would be helpful.

And yes, I have upvoted every idea I could find on the subject. I'm looking for a usable workaround, not a hopeful future feature.

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Automation to assign leads by day of the week or Enrolling in workflow by day of the week

SOLVE

Hi @rjonesSolaria,

I haven't tested this but the below solution should work. (Let me know if you tested this exact setup before.)

With the below setup, the workflows would not be executing outside of a given day. Each contact would be enrolled in all workflows, but except for the one for the current day, they would sit there waiting. The current day's workflow would the only one who could assign ownership. Once that happens, the contact would be pulled out of all workflows (see "Yes, remove them from this workflow" in the last screenshot) – the enrollment criterion would not be met anymore since Contact owner is now known.

karstenkoehler_0-1619153128494.png

karstenkoehler_1-1619153143948.png

karstenkoehler_2-1619153158563.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rjonesSolaria,

If the contact is assigned, then any following steps could be handled in a different workflow – but having solved the assignment by day of the week, that shouldn't be a big issue?

What actions do you have after the contact ownership assignment? Any other workflow could now enroll these contacts based on "Contact owner is known" or "Contact owner is [specific user]".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
Lea
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, 
I am actually trying to achieve the same thing: assigning leads to contact owner on specific days of the week. Did you manage to do that ? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Happy to help!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Looks good, yes, @rjonesSolaria!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
rjonesSolaria
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler  Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my plea for help! 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rjonesSolaria,

Happy to help! You might actually be overcomplicating things. Once the contact owner is known, all "branches" merge into one again. From this point on you can personalize everything using personalization tokens.

The department boss, for example, can also be a custom property. Few people know that you can create more HubSpot user properties than the contact owner (create a custom property and select the type "HubSpot user"). You could create a "Department boss" owner property that is automatically populated for a contact based on the contact owner. (That mapping is always the same. This can be done with a workflow. If the contact owner is A, B or C, assign boss 1. If the contact owner is D, E or F, assign boss 2.)

So you'd now have the contact, the automatically assigned contact owner and the automatically assigned department boss. Any communication can now be sent from one workflow, using the personalization tokens.

Let me know if you have any questions about this!

Karsten Köhler

rjonesSolaria
Contributor

SOLVE

Oh that's interesting, about the user fields!

I do need to be specific since this is all set up for only one territory with multiple reps, can't have every contact entering the notification workflow once assigned.

So this seems to be working out.

1. A separate assignment automation limited to running on the day the rep is available
  2. Contact owner is "unknown" is one of the enrollment criteria
  3. Adding the contact to a list early in the assignment workflow
  4. Ending the automations at assignment
  5. Using "remove when no longer meets enrollment criteria" kicks them out of the other pending assignment workflows once assigned
  6. A notification workflow that enrollment criteria are: On this list & Contact onwer is [the reps]
  7. Success! The lead is assigned to the right rep on the right day and everyone is getting the right notifications only once!
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rjonesSolaria,

If the contact is assigned, then any following steps could be handled in a different workflow – but having solved the assignment by day of the week, that shouldn't be a big issue?

What actions do you have after the contact ownership assignment? Any other workflow could now enroll these contacts based on "Contact owner is known" or "Contact owner is [specific user]".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

rjonesSolaria
Contributor

SOLVE

That's what I'm working on now. The next steps are mostly email notifications to the contact, the contact owner, and the department boss. But the contact must be assigned as it is a personalized email and the notification to the boss is to show who was assigned that contact.

I might put them in a list befoer the assignment happens and make the list and the contact owner being known the enrollment criteria. I'll let you know if this ends up being the answer! Thanks for working through it with me!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rjonesSolaria,

I haven't tested this but the below solution should work. (Let me know if you tested this exact setup before.)

With the below setup, the workflows would not be executing outside of a given day. Each contact would be enrolled in all workflows, but except for the one for the current day, they would sit there waiting. The current day's workflow would the only one who could assign ownership. Once that happens, the contact would be pulled out of all workflows (see "Yes, remove them from this workflow" in the last screenshot) – the enrollment criterion would not be met anymore since Contact owner is now known.

karstenkoehler_0-1619153128494.png

karstenkoehler_1-1619153143948.png

karstenkoehler_2-1619153158563.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Marie_
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler  - this is a great automation that I think I can use to solve schedule based allocations for one of our teams.

I'm figuring out how I make it work and am a little stumped at linking it between the precursor workflow and was hoping you might be able to provide some of your knowledgeable advice.

The precursor workflow identifies a specific region based contact. 

I have set up multiple schedule based workflows to assign to different consultants on different days, similar to your example (it starts with the step 'contact owner unknown'). Do I need to replicate the conditions in the precursor workflow to link it to the schedule workflow? I was intending to add the step of "enrol in another workflow" but if I publish the schedule based workflow, it wants to enrol any contact with no owner assigned, not specifically the ones in my identified region segment.

Hopefully that all makes sense! I would be very grateful if you are able to provide some guidance. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Marie_,

Could you specify how exactly you would like to assign contacts to users by region and day? Could you share screenshots of your workflows?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Marie_
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Thanks for your willingness to assist (apologies for the delay to get back to you).

I have set up two workflows. One to perform an allocation action based on the lead source and the other is the schedule based allocation. 

This is an example of one of my Schedule based allocation workflows (I have one per day of the week). As the schedule based allocation only applies to specific lead sources - and not all allocation for the lead source are schedule based - I included an add to list step to the lead source workflow to create an enrollment trigger. This is the part I wasn't sure was best practice.

assignment.png

This is the lead source allocation workflow enrollment trigger:

Trigger condition.png

With a step to add to a list:

add to list.png

This is the branch to allocate on a schedule based rotation:

Allocation.png

Would love to get your thoughts on whether this is the best approach.

thanks

Marie

0 Upvotes
rjonesSolaria
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 
Unfortunately, while it worked to unenroll the other workflows, it also kicked them out of the appropriate workflow as soon as they were assigned,  and the rest of the workflow was never completed, sort of the same problem via a different mechanism. 

0 Upvotes
rjonesSolaria
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler , I'll give it a try and report back. 

0 Upvotes