CRM

clvtross
Contributor

Automation of tasks versus tickets from email

SOLVE

I am trying to figure out the workflow to automate tasks and the resolution of those tasks in HubSpot. I know that automation of workflows is possible. I wanted to know if that process would allow the creation of tasks and the resolution of tasks from email. I understand that you can convert emails to tickets through an automated workflow. Would tickets provide a better solution versus a task in this manner? I also read another entry where the forwarding address provided by HubSpot was suggested to create tasks/tickets. Would you be able to use an email address based on your organization's domain?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @clvtross,

If your goal is to manage incoming requests, then tickets are the way to go. You can create tickets from form submissions or incoming emails, more information on that here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tickets/create-tickets#create-tickets-in-your-conversations-inbox

Tasks are internal reminders for team members, tickets offer much more customization, better overview and reporting options.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about tickets. There are a lot of resources linked in the article above, so it can be a bit confusing.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @clvtross,

Can you share more context about what exactly you'd like to automate? Tasks and tickets are potential tools to tackle your challenge, they shouldn't guide the solution. Both have pros and cons. Which one you pick depends on the requirements and your use case.

Very generally, tasks cannot be closed by standard workflows, as there aren't any activity-based workflows. (This could only be achieved with custom code in Operations Hub Professional.) Tickets however can be updated to variouses ticket statuses (including "Closed").

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

clvtross
Contributor

SOLVE

We are a government organization. I am trying to determine use cases for tickets/tasks as it would help with public requests for various departments/groups. One suggestion was an email chain that updates the customer activity to resolution. You also mentioned custom code in Operations Hub Professional. How would I discover more information about this process? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @clvtross,

If your goal is to manage incoming requests, then tickets are the way to go. You can create tickets from form submissions or incoming emails, more information on that here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tickets/create-tickets#create-tickets-in-your-conversations-inbox

Tasks are internal reminders for team members, tickets offer much more customization, better overview and reporting options.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about tickets. There are a lot of resources linked in the article above, so it can be a bit confusing.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler