CRM

phtheref
Participant

Automation for company type -> copy property to marketing type for contacts -> how remove

Hi!

I have an automation which copy company custom property (f.e. have service A) to the contact type marketing which I am using for creating active list.

How do I manage situation when company stops buying service A and this property is not anymore valid for company. What I'd like to do is that all contacts for this company had "service A" for contact type marketing but I'd like this property to be deleted.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
phtheref
Participant

Automation for company type -> copy property to marketing type for contacts -> how remove

Hmm... there are for example 3 different values and one of them is removed. That one is "value" which is copied to the contacts and is important for creating active list.

This means that 2 values stays there and one is removed. How to handle this. Sorry my stupid questions.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @phtheref,

Could you share the naming of these properties, values and make this specific – give a few examples of what would be removed and how it should behave exactly? If you illustrate / explain this, it'll be easier to discuss this.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @phtheref,

For this scenario, you can create another workflow that enrolls companies when your custom company property has the new, different value or no value at all. Both works.

In this workflow, you can use the Clear property value action the same way you used the copy action before:

karstenkoehler_0-1673245558204.png

HubSpot would then clear the value in the specified property on all contact records associated to the company record.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

phtheref
Participant

Hi! and thx

However cannot understand how to do this. F.e. customer have different customer types and one of them is deleted. What is correct trigger?

phtheref_0-1673246307493.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @phtheref,

If the value is cleared, then you'd select 'is unknown'. If you remove a property option from your CRM entirely, in the property settings, then there isn't a filter for this.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler