CRM

JburkeMerit05
Participant

Automation between objects

SOLVE

With free CRM can I have a custom field on a company object (company interest level) automatically populate a custom object on a contact object (contact interest level)?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JburkeMerit05,

In general, automation is only available Professional and Enterprise licenses (= HubSpot workflows). There is an action in workflows called Copy property value which allows you to copy values from one object's field to another object's field.

With a Free or Starter subscription, there can be workarounds using external automation, for example Zapier: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/how-to-use-zapier-and-hubspot (However Zapier only supports a defined list of triggers and actions, custom object triggers might not be among them. It's worth a try.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JburkeMerit05,

In general, automation is only available Professional and Enterprise licenses (= HubSpot workflows). There is an action in workflows called Copy property value which allows you to copy values from one object's field to another object's field.

With a Free or Starter subscription, there can be workarounds using external automation, for example Zapier: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/how-to-use-zapier-and-hubspot (However Zapier only supports a defined list of triggers and actions, custom object triggers might not be among them. It's worth a try.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.