CRM

deltaglider
Participant

Automatically send emails to Partners with Deal, Company, Contact & Product properties

SOLVE

Hello Community,

We're working with Sales/Service Hub Professional. 

Context:

• We have an important business process that is recomending Partners/Partner Products to our Customers. 

Main question:

• How might we build the process (Partner recommendation) in HubSpot the best way? (with Sales/Service Hub Professional)?

Requirements:

• It must be easy for our Sales crew to create the Partner recommendation in HubSpot.
  • We would like to specifiy which partner products the customer might be interested in and share this with the partner.
  • We would like to automatically create an email to the partner containing Contact, Deal and Product information. The email template can be the same for all partners.
  • We would like to track Partner Product recommendations.
  • We wold like to make this a scalable solution for >5 Partner Lead Generations per Customer as well as >50 Partners for us overall.

We started playing around with the thought of creating a New Deal for every Partner Recommendation, while adding the Contact, Company, Partner, and Partner Products so that the New Deal should contain all the necessary information for the automated Email to be sent out. We also thought about creating a specific Pipeline just for Partner Recommendations, in order to easily track status.

How might we automate the email creation out of this?

In general, is there a better/easier/faster way to achieve the objective?

Thanks for any inputs!

Best,

Glider

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Automatically send emails to Partners with Deal, Company, Contact & Product properties

SOLVE

@deltaglider so if I understand you correctly, here's how I would think of a solution: You have a "recommendations" Deal pipeline. When a partner is ready to offer the new lead/customer recommendations, there's a new Deal with the recommended HubSpot Products tied to it. 

When it's created (which is simple to associate to the correct Contact and Company object records), you can have an automated email go out to that Contact. This is done through emails and workflows in HubSpot. 

This will help add automation to the current process. Then any time the Deal is moved to the next stage, other emails could go out, as well. Here's what that looks like and where you find that path in your HubSpot portal: 

danmoyle_0-1681995795780.png

1: Settings

2: Data management > Objects > Deals

3: Pipelines

4: Automate (then Create workflow in any of your stages)

That's where I'd look at creating efficiencies. Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
deltaglider
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Community,

Unfortunately, the solutions shown do not lead to the desired automation.

My solution currently looks like this:

1. I'm working on a deal with a customer in the "Main Pipeline" pipeline. There I have the deal property "Trigger Lead Referral" and multiple choice of partners. There I choose Partner A.
  2. A workflow then generates a new deal in the "Partner Referral" pipeline with the contact (= customer) and the company (= customer's company). Can I now add the partner company Partner 1 to this new deal that is being created by the workflow? I couldn't do that. Because so I have a new deal with the exact same contact and company as the main deal.
  3. A workflow writes the contact properties to the company properties of partner 1, provided that the value Partner 1 is activated in the referral deal (I created the fields in the company again)
  4. A workflow now sends an email with the "Lead Properties" on company property partner 1 to company property partner 1.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Cheers!

0 Upvotes
deltaglider
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Community, hi @danmoyle and @kvlschaefer

Thanks for your inputs!

To achieve 80% of success, which is saving clicks and time manually copy and paste customer information and forward them to a partner via email by hand, a simple solution would already be enough. We don't need any capabilities for a partner to access his pipeline or so. The partner just needs an email that he receives.

@danmoyle However, in thinking more about your question, I don't know if that's what you're thinking. It sounds more like someone creates a recommendation by hand and then communicates that to the contacts involved may something to consider. Is that the case? 

Hence, this is exactly what we would need 🙂

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@deltaglider so if I understand you correctly, here's how I would think of a solution: You have a "recommendations" Deal pipeline. When a partner is ready to offer the new lead/customer recommendations, there's a new Deal with the recommended HubSpot Products tied to it. 

When it's created (which is simple to associate to the correct Contact and Company object records), you can have an automated email go out to that Contact. This is done through emails and workflows in HubSpot. 

This will help add automation to the current process. Then any time the Deal is moved to the next stage, other emails could go out, as well. Here's what that looks like and where you find that path in your HubSpot portal: 

danmoyle_0-1681995795780.png

1: Settings

2: Data management > Objects > Deals

3: Pipelines

4: Automate (then Create workflow in any of your stages)

That's where I'd look at creating efficiencies. Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
deltaglider
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @danmoyle ,

This is great, thanks for your input! I tried to implement it but bumped into a constraint that I don't know how to solve.

I created the pipeline as you suggested:

deltaglider_0-1682426356872.png

The Deal "Lead Generation" setup looks like this:

deltaglider_2-1682426907894.png

The workflow is designed that it triggers an email "Lead email" when the deal is moved to "trigger partner email" stage. This works so far.

The problem: In the email I only can select and enter the fields of the recipients (=the partner's) contact entity (and not the customers'). Did I oversee this option? 

What it should do: 

* When deal moved to stage "Send lead to partner"

* Send partner lead email template with information from costumer contact in the deal to partner contact. I could imagine that I could also enter the lead email into the partner company entity (= not add partner lead email as contact) - if that would solve the issue?

Would be great to get your input on that 🙂

Best,
Deltaglider

danmoyle

SOLVE

@deltaglider so it seems to me that you're trying to make HubSpot act as a partner relationship management (PRM) tool. Which unfortunately it's not. As great as HubSpot is, it's built to be a relatively straightforward CRM. If you want the PRM layer, you'll have to use additional resources. 

May I suggest looking at the HubSpot app marketplace, and a tool called rocketPRM? I'd be happy to help make a connection to the team beind it (it's us - we're the team).

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
danmoyle

SOLVE

Thank you @kvlschaefer. Hi @deltaglider and welcome to Community. You've got a great question I want to share with my team to see if someone has a good example with details. 

My first thought when considering "recommendations" is to start with looking into HubDB (Create HubDB tables). We use it for recommendations across dynamic website pages here where I work. 

However, in thinking more about your question, I don't know if that's what you're thinking. It sounds more like someone creates a recommendation by hand and then communicates that to the contacts involved may something to consider. Is that the case? 

In thinking about it that way, have you tried creating Products to share in a HubSpot quote or a Deal? This could supplement what you're doing with a "recommendations" pipeline, which you can create reports around. And you could build deal-based workflows to email the associated contacts as needed. 

I'll continue to think on this and see what my colleagues say. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
JuliD
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

I will echo Dan here! I think a little more information will get you closer to a solution but my first thought was HubDB - however, you may not have that available with your current solution. My heart tells me if you are going to consider any upgrades to make this happen, using custom objects will get you closer to where you want to be! HubDB may also be a part of that solution - specifically thinking if you want to build some kind of "recommendation engine." 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @deltaglider,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and for this detailed post! 

Let's invite our subject matter experts to this conversation.

Hi @danmoyle@jolle@franksteiner79 - Do you have any recommendations for @deltaglider's email automation use case? Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

Thank you! 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !