CRM

treeguy
Miembro

Automatically scan emails?

resolver

Hi Folks,

CRM newbie here, doing customer discovery for my startup.

I don't use the email clients for which there are plugins, though I do use gmail.  I've linked my gmail account to hubspot.  Will hubspot now automatically scan my emails for conversations with my listed contacts and add those to the CRM database (I hope)?  I'm not going to change email clients just so that hubspot can log my conversations...

Thanks in advance!

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @treeguy,

The HubSpot sales email extensions have setting for automatically logging newly sent emails. If you're not using the HubSpot sales extensions, you'd have to make sure to always add the BCC address to your emails to log them: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address

Even then however, you're emails would only be logged, not tracked. If you want them tracked, there isn't any way around the HubSpot sales extensions.

Just by connecting your personal inbox, HubSpot is not starting to automatically crawl what's going out and coming in. For logging and tracking, you need the BCC address or the HubSpot sales extension.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @treeguy,

The HubSpot sales email extensions have setting for automatically logging newly sent emails. If you're not using the HubSpot sales extensions, you'd have to make sure to always add the BCC address to your emails to log them: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address

Even then however, you're emails would only be logged, not tracked. If you want them tracked, there isn't any way around the HubSpot sales extensions.

Just by connecting your personal inbox, HubSpot is not starting to automatically crawl what's going out and coming in. For logging and tracking, you need the BCC address or the HubSpot sales extension.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.