CRM

eimearhx

Automatically regenerate associated companies

SOLVE

Hi there, 

I'd love if someone could help me with this. 

I had around 53,000 contacts in HubSpot which were automatically associated with about 14,000 different companies. 

I needed to work on my contacts list offline, so I exported a CSV file of them. After completion, I deleted my full contacts list on HS, and imported the new edited list. This list has significantly less contacts, less that 20,000. Although they are uploaded and the original contacts deleted, the companies section has remained the same. There is still around 14,000 companies  from the original 53000 contacts, even though I know the new list of contacts should only have about 2000 associated companies max.

My question is, if I completely delete the list of 14,000 companies, will the new companies generate from the new contacts list that I have uploaded, (by itself) or would I have to delete the companies, then delete my contacts list, and reupload my contacts list for them to autogenerate again? 

Thanks,

Eimear

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @eimearhx

If you turn the companies association setting off and on again, you will be given the option to apply this to existing contacts. 

So, if you delete all your existing companies (take a backup first) and then cycle the association setting, you will be able to build a new list of companies. 

Hope that helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @eimearhx

If you turn the companies association setting off and on again, you will be given the option to apply this to existing contacts. 

So, if you delete all your existing companies (take a backup first) and then cycle the association setting, you will be able to build a new list of companies. 

Hope that helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
eimearhx

SOLVE

This worked superbly. 

Thank you Phil! 🙂

0 Upvotes