CRM

nr2

Automatically log all incoming emails from existing contacts

Hey community,

I'm trying to connect my personal email inbox (IMAP-based) to Hubspot in a way so it would track incoming emails from contacts that exist in my Hubspot database automatically. I'm not looking to do this for replies to emails I've sent initially, but for emails that are sent to me from an existing contact proactively.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Nancy

7 Replies 7
TNeale

Hi 🙂 
I'm looking for the same functionality please. 
My IMAP account is attached and working fine. I can send and recieve emails from hubspot. 
What I want though is when a client with an existing contact record sends me an new email (not a reply that I've sent via hubspot) for the system to record that in the client's activity. That doesn't seem to be working.
Is there a setting I'm missing? 
Many thanks 
TIm 

Marvs
Participant

Did you make it work? I'm have the same situation here.

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Hi @nr2,

Yes, if your mailbox is IMAP this should work exactly as you're hoping.

You can find instructions here - there's a section there dedicated to connecting via IMAP.

Hope that helps!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
KonradF
Participant

this doesn't work!

0 Upvotes
APIANT1
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

I don't think this solution is correct. HubSpot will not auto log emails from contacts that aren't a response to a thread. Correct?

KonradF
Participant

yes, this is correct, this is not a solution whatsoever, and I think they don't even care about it!

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KonradF@APIANT1@Marvs, and @TNeale,

Thanks for posting in the Community. Please be reassured that your comments are really important to us.

Also, I wanted to thank you @AdamLPW for your contribution on the Community!

So, to clarify, for security and confidentiality reasons, currently, when you connect your inbox to HubSpot and when you use the HubSpot Sales extension, incoming emails will not be logged automatically in HubSpot.

This is so that any confidential information you would receive in your personal inbox (ie: accountancy letter, salary of employees etc) would not automatically be logged into HubSpot and therefore visible for all users. So HubSpot let's you select which email you want to log when replying/forwarding emails.

I therefore recommend that you use the forwarding address (as indicated in this article "Use the forwarding address") to log the emails.

That should do the trick!

I'd like to share these resources that might be of interest as well for you:

Track and log emails with the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension
Log email in your CRM with the BCC or forwarding address
Log email replies in the CRM

Thanks and have a good day!
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!