CRM

NStarling
Participante

Automatically associate new contacts with existing deals

resolver

Hi All,

Is there a way to automatically associate a new contact record (where the company is identified) with an existing deal record for that company? 

I've tried playing around in workflows and can happily create deals based on the contact record, and even not create a deal based on whether one exists for the associated company. But I am unable to then add that contact to the existing deal automatically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Soluciones aceptada
HubSpotMaster
Solución
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

@NStarling you cannot make associations with the workflow tool. There is a way to work around this but have a general question first to understand your use case

1) Do you want all contacts of a company associated with existing deals? I typically only advise on adding the contact(s) that are a part of the deal vs all contacts at the company.

Workaround:

Use Integromat or Zapier - You would trigger when a new contact is associated with a company, grab their associated ID, and then lookup deals that are linked to the company and add the contact. 

signature-banner_v6.0.png

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

7 Respuestas 7
RBozeman
Participante

resolver

Hi @NStarling,

I know it's been awhile since you posted this, but I wanted to pop in and share for others. There is no way to do this currently with the standard features, but you could potentially custom code a solution either through the API or through the Ops Hub product. But that does require some development resources. 

However, Insycle, recently launched this feature. Full disclosure, I work for Insycle. You can tell Insycle to "look at contacts that are associated to this company, but are not associated with the deal that the company is associated to." 

RBozeman_0-1700260604261.png

Best,

Ryan

DStaat
Participante

resolver

Hey @NStarling,

I'm a little late to the party but have you heard of Associ8? It lets you automatically create associations between objects based on parameters you set. There's some documentation showing how it works here.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'd be happy to talk with you about it in more detail.

Best,

-David Staat

0 Me gusta
AlbanL
Miembro

resolver

I have a similar need, I want the workflow to detect if a deal already exists for the company in a specific pipeline. If yes, associate the new contact to it, rather than create a new deal... It seems to be a useful feature to add to HS Workflow

HubSpotMaster
Solución

resolver

@NStarling you cannot make associations with the workflow tool. There is a way to work around this but have a general question first to understand your use case

1) Do you want all contacts of a company associated with existing deals? I typically only advise on adding the contact(s) that are a part of the deal vs all contacts at the company.

Workaround:

Use Integromat or Zapier - You would trigger when a new contact is associated with a company, grab their associated ID, and then lookup deals that are linked to the company and add the contact. 

NStarling
Participante

resolver

Hi @HubSpotMaster,

Thanks for your reply.

The contacts are coming through via a specific integration so they are already qualified (not in a sales context) to a certain extent. I wanted a way in which I could keep track that an account was being worked early in the prospecting/lead gen process, so thought a seperate deal pipeline would help in this instance, before they move in to the sales pipeline. There is perhaps a better way to do this...

Thank you for the tip re Integromat. 

0 Me gusta
HubSpotMaster

resolver

I would suggest using the lifecycle stage and lead status. You can use a workflow that enrolls all contacts coming in from the integration and then set the properties on the company and contact level for Lifecycle Stage = MQL, and Lead Status = New. 

Then you can work your MQL's through the defined Lead Status steps. You can also report on all contacts that are Lifecycle Stage = MQL and Lead Status's to stay on top of follow up and how the initial outreach went. 

0 Me gusta
NStarling
Participante

resolver

Thanks Adam, I'll take a look at this. I suspect this is probably the better way to do things, as it's leverages the existing capability, rather than me trying to shoehorn in to another.

Thanks again,

Neil 

0 Me gusta