Automatically Merging Facebook Messenger & Email ContactsSOLVE
Our Hubspot is connected to both Facebook Messenger and Email.
Clients send a FB Messenger inquiry and it creates a contact for them automatically. We ask them to fill out a form on our website.
Then clients fill out the form and it creates a NEW contact with all the information they enter on the form.
Is there a way to automatically connect the two contacts: Facebook and Website form generated?
We can merge some of the contacts manually, but this is difficult since sometimes people don't use the same name on Facebook that they use for email forms.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @IanRogers 🙂
I only have a theory because I need more information. I think that you get two contacts because:
- When a prospect starts a chat in Facebook Messenger, HubSpot doesn't set the cookie, only create the contact. This is the first record.
- You ask him to fill out the form, so he opens the landing page but the HubSpot tracking code cannot identify him. Remember, there's no cookie.
- He fills the form, and you get the second record.
I recommend this procedure:
- I assume that you aren't using a bot, so you can ask him for the email and note it in the inbox right column.
- Once you have the email saved, you can ask him to fill out the form on the landing page.
- Now, when the user fills the email field, HubSpot doesn't create a second record.
That's all 🙂