CRM

Lorpasson
Participant

Automatic deal note updates

SOLVE

I have a question about leaving automated notes for deals.

In detail, I would like to leave a note automatically (using workflow for example) for a specific deal when the deal stage is changed by somebody, what mandatory properties were changed and the update date & time; in general to give a quick overview of the deal stage log. For now I don't see any solution to do that using workflows, because workflows don't allow me to automatically leave a note with a engagement trigger "deal stage changed" for example.

My question is if there is any possibility to leave automatic notes on deals within Hubspot? If not, is there any work-around available that the community has used successfully?

Looking forward to your answer & all the best in the meantime!

1 Accepted solution
warrendavey
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@Lorpasson - Great question.  Have you ever looked at Sales Playbooks?  Or just create a custom property that you fill in when it meets the criteria of your workflow. You can use deal information to fill in the field.

Let me know if you want to know more and I can help you further.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
warrendavey

SOLVE

@Edyta7510 

Make sure that you don't have re-enrollment turned on for the workflow and only the first change will be recorded.  Also, operations hub could solve this now. You can create a Note on a record based on actions of the deal stages or any other field for that matter.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

@warrendavey Thanks a lot! This is helpful. Yes, need to explore the operations hub a little bit indepth. 

(for now we're just using Marketing/Sales Hubs). 

0 Upvotes
Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

@Lorpasson @warrendavey 

I just came across this thread when looking for a possible solution to a similar challenge. This is a great idea!

Can you let me know how we can make sure the value of that custom property is not overwritten by the very last change (I can anticipate 2-3 major changes may take place but the last one will overwrite the others). 

Thanks!

edyta

0 Upvotes
warrendavey
Solution

SOLVE

@Lorpasson - Great question.  Have you ever looked at Sales Playbooks?  Or just create a custom property that you fill in when it meets the criteria of your workflow. You can use deal information to fill in the field.

Let me know if you want to know more and I can help you further.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Lorpasson
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Warren,

I figured out that custom property version out myself as well. Just generated a custom property that pulls necessary information from other properties into one text field & moved it to deal "about" for quick access.  As soon as the deal is moved between stages, the custom property is then filled with changed properties using workflow. So this is a good preliminary "patch" until something more effective comes up from HubSpot. I'll give a quick look to playbooks as well, thanks a lot for the reply!

0 Upvotes
SarahOps
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi there - would you mind sharing the workflow you have in place? I'm looking to implement a similar solution as well. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
warrendavey

SOLVE

No problem!  Good Luck!

Davey Waren
Pearagon

0 Upvotes