CRM

Lchandler86
Mitglied

Automatic Contacts

lösung

Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering if there is any way of disabeling contacts from being automatically added to my contacts/companies when they send me an email or if I send out an email?

If there is no way around this, could someone sugest a 'work around'?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
willsmith
Lösung
Autorität | Diamond Partner

Automatic Contacts

lösung

Hi @Lchandler86 

Outgoing emails:

If you send an email from HubSpot, it is automatically logged and tracked. 

If you have connected your Outlook email -  click the Sales Tools integration "sprocket" then click Add in Settings > Log and track settings. Adjust the settings by switching these settings to off (the default setting is ON). Here, you can also define the emails that you would like to never be logged - this will help with the incoming emails that you would prefer not to log. 

Inbox.png

If you have connected your Gmail, the process is similar.

Inbox__1__-_cheermusiccentral_gmail_com_-_Gmail.png

Incoming emails:

You may also define the incoming emails you would not like to be logged in HubSpot by clicking the Settings menu within HubSpot (the gear in the upper right side of the main navigation). 
Go to Settings > Integrations > Email Integrations. Then click the third tab Log and Track. Scroll to Never Log and add the domains and email addresses you would like to have blocked. Most organizations block their internal email domains first. 

Settings.png

This should help you define which emails will create contacts within HubSpot. 

I hope this helps. 

-Will

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
willsmith
Lösung

Automatic Contacts

lösung

Hi @Lchandler86 

Outgoing emails:

If you send an email from HubSpot, it is automatically logged and tracked. 

If you have connected your Outlook email -  click the Sales Tools integration "sprocket" then click Add in Settings > Log and track settings. Adjust the settings by switching these settings to off (the default setting is ON). Here, you can also define the emails that you would like to never be logged - this will help with the incoming emails that you would prefer not to log. 

Inbox.png

If you have connected your Gmail, the process is similar.

Inbox__1__-_cheermusiccentral_gmail_com_-_Gmail.png

Incoming emails:

You may also define the incoming emails you would not like to be logged in HubSpot by clicking the Settings menu within HubSpot (the gear in the upper right side of the main navigation). 
Go to Settings > Integrations > Email Integrations. Then click the third tab Log and Track. Scroll to Never Log and add the domains and email addresses you would like to have blocked. Most organizations block their internal email domains first. 

Settings.png

This should help you define which emails will create contacts within HubSpot. 

I hope this helps. 

-Will

dataworksdan
Teilnehmer/-in

Automatic Contacts

lösung

I have a follow-up question to clarify.

I want to log email exchanges and  have emails in my linked Gmail account connected to my Contacts, BUT I don't want HubSpot to create a new contact automatically for every email received. Is it possible to separate those two automated functions?

0 Upvotes
willsmith

Automatic Contacts

lösung

Hi @dataworksdan 

I am not aware of this function in HubSpot. This thread may help:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Gmail-Sales-Extension/Prevent-Logging-of-All-Emails/td-p/212148

Mentioned in the thread is an integration called "Threads" - this article may help
This integration can be found on the HubSpot App Marketplace. 

Keep in mind, I have never used this integration, however, it seems to be what you're looking for. 

0 Upvotes
dataworksdan
Teilnehmer/-in

Automatic Contacts

lösung

Thank you @willsmith . I'll look into it and share here if I find it helpful.