CRM

kbaine
Participant

Automatic Association of Contacts

SOLVE

My company is experiencing the automatic association of contacts to be very problematic specifically in separating email communication from one deal to another. When we are reading through email threads in a deal, it includes emails from other deals so we can't tell what is truly connected. This is a problem across many stages in our pipeline. 

1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@kbaine I agree that the ability to exist should be there (you can suggest an idea here), but I think the first thing you should look at is what your sales process is like and see if you can modify based on how the associations work.

Create a rule of thumb for how much of the history to associate for the contact vs company and if you are working overlapping deals with the same contact/company, you probably need to be creating the deals earlier in the sales process so that reps can start working from the deal vs the contact/company.

Maybe even create a separate pipeline for the qualification process where the reps can work their leads and then move those deals to your sales pipeline once they are SQL and ready to be an Opportunity/deal. 

Mapping out your sales process and how it aligns with the sales tools will help to make sales hub work smarter for your team.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Jnix284

SOLVE

Hi @kbaine when an email is sent from a contact record, it should only associate to the contact and company by default. The sales rep has the option to add the association to the corresponding deal record.

If you create a deal and you add the history from the contact/company, that's when things can start to get really iffy with associations.

If you want an email to be associated to a specific deal, I recommend emailing from the deal, not the contact, so that the association defaults to that deal alone (plus contact/company).

Hope this helps!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

kbaine
Participant

SOLVE

Generally, it's the "iffy" situation you're referring to. We generally always email from the deal and have to manually dis-associate the contacts. Thanks for the response. I'm hoping to gather more details from some colleagues and bring it back to this discussion. But ultimately, it would be beneficial to disable automatic association in some aspects. 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@kbaine I agree that the ability to exist should be there (you can suggest an idea here), but I think the first thing you should look at is what your sales process is like and see if you can modify based on how the associations work.

Create a rule of thumb for how much of the history to associate for the contact vs company and if you are working overlapping deals with the same contact/company, you probably need to be creating the deals earlier in the sales process so that reps can start working from the deal vs the contact/company.

Maybe even create a separate pipeline for the qualification process where the reps can work their leads and then move those deals to your sales pipeline once they are SQL and ready to be an Opportunity/deal. 

Mapping out your sales process and how it aligns with the sales tools will help to make sales hub work smarter for your team.

0 Upvotes