Hi all,

I am looking to create an automated workflow:

Trigger is:

1. Deal is in any pipeline
2. Deal is created in the last 7 days
3. Associated Contact More than equals to 1
4. Primary Company is Missing

Actions:
Primary Company property of the deal is updated to take the Primary company of the associated contact

This is so that deals are associated with their corresponding companies as this cannot be set as a mandatory field to update when creating deals (Correct me on this point if i am wrong).

I've managed to set an automated workflow to remind reps to fill in the associated contact field when creating deals so once they do that then an automated workflow is triggered to associate deal with company.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2
Simon_C
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Automated Workflow to Update Deal Company when Primary Contact is Added

Hi @SPoh ! So if your team create their Deals directly from the Contact record, like demonstated in my attached GIF, the Create Deal form will automatically try and associate with the Contact and it's Company to the new Deal by default! I hope this helps 😄
 Create Deal via Contact recordCreate Deal via Contact record

SPoh

Automated Workflow to Update Deal Company when Primary Contact is Added

Hey @Simon_C , thank you! Yup i figured that out but thanks for highlighting and I've since now mentioned this as part of the SOP upon deal creation. I'm anticipating that there will be occasions when sales reps don't do this so I am hoping to autmatically remedy such situations.

What i've done as a stop gap is to set an automated workflow that when is deal is created in the last 7 days and # of associated contacts is 0 that an automated email reminder is sent to the deal owner to amend the corresponding deal datas so fingers crossed!

0 Upvotes