Automate prompt to create next task

craig_german

Is there a way to be prompted for the next task in a communication thread once the current task associated with a deal or contact has been completed?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
ncrisologo
Participant

Hi Craig, 

This is already a feautre within the both call and email function under a contact, if you are completing tasks via a queue playlist. the box "create follow up task" is right next to the send/save and complete task button. it creates a generic "follow up task" that you can amend and and notes to. 

0 Upvotes
craig_german

You would think it would be handled consistently across the interface.  In the task list for a contact, the option is not there - if you select the check mark to indicate complete, that's the end of that action.  If you do it from your Task queue, it is also not there - again, you select the check mark to indicate completion, and you're done.  Moreover, in the latter scenario, you then have to go back to the Contacts tab (as far as I can tell), query the contact, and enter a new task.  This is a typical workflow for any CRM.

ellejaeger
Participant

totally agree with Craig's post from from 2017. I work heavily on the contact and deal screens and it would make my workflow much more efficient.  No matter where you complete a task, there should be an option to promt to create a follow up.  

0 Upvotes