CRM

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Auto populating based on information input

SOLVE

Hi,

I am looking to have certain fields populate based on information in other fields. The best example I have is how the lifecycle stage changes in the contact when changes in the company.

For example, my contact and companies have exactly the same address and phone numbers. I would like this to auto-populate in the associated contacts when setting up.  

Additionally, based on the persona, I would like other information to auto-populate.

Does anything like this already exist? If so, under which plans?

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AnaïsB
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, 

I think what you want is Workflows : it does exactly that when given the proper triggers. 

I'd advise to create a list with the criteria you want and using it as trigger to make sure that it does exactly what you want. Workflow reinscription can be a little tricky, and lists are the surer way to go. 

So for example : 

- Create a contact list "Lifecycle is known" called "lifecycle update"

- Create a workflow based on contacts with the trigger "Is in the lifecycle update" list

- Copy contact property to company property

Or maybe a list for each lifecycle stage and an action where you set the company value to the proper stage... I'm not sure which one would work better with reinscription, test the two and see what works best.

(Make sure you have the same options for the two properties if you are using - and you should - an option list). 

You may have to tweak a bit with reinscriptions (as workflows are usually meant to flow a single time for each contact) but it's a very powerful automation tool and we are using it extensively for property fluidity here. 

Hope that helps!

Anaïs

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
AnaïsB
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, 

I think what you want is Workflows : it does exactly that when given the proper triggers. 

I'd advise to create a list with the criteria you want and using it as trigger to make sure that it does exactly what you want. Workflow reinscription can be a little tricky, and lists are the surer way to go. 

So for example : 

- Create a contact list "Lifecycle is known" called "lifecycle update"

- Create a workflow based on contacts with the trigger "Is in the lifecycle update" list

- Copy contact property to company property

Or maybe a list for each lifecycle stage and an action where you set the company value to the proper stage... I'm not sure which one would work better with reinscription, test the two and see what works best.

(Make sure you have the same options for the two properties if you are using - and you should - an option list). 

You may have to tweak a bit with reinscriptions (as workflows are usually meant to flow a single time for each contact) but it's a very powerful automation tool and we are using it extensively for property fluidity here. 

Hope that helps!

Anaïs

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@AnaïsB Thank you.  At this time we are in the free version and workflows are not part of the package.    To the future......

0 Upvotes