CRM

B-Rob

Auto-creating Google Meet link when generating Hubspot Meet and syncing to Google Calendar

My Google calendar is synced with Hubspot and this feature is selected in Google calendar: "Automatically add Google Meet video conferences to events I create."

Up until recently, when I created a Meet in Hubspot, a Google Meet link would be included in the calendar invite. Now, after I send the Hubspot Meet invitation, I have to manually go into Google Calendar and add the Google Meet link to the invite. 

Is there a known solution so that Google Meet will once again autopopulate in my Hubspot Meet invites to customers? 

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
JenBerenguer
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Auto-creating Google Meet link when generating Hubspot Meet and syncing to Google Calendar

Hi @B-Rob ,

I went to investigate this issue and here's what I found:

"Indeed, many of our users are noticing a different behavior with the Google Meet links, which are controlled actually by Google. Since Google has started rolling out the new GSuite experience: g.co/cloud/learn-new-gmail, it is changing how Google Meet and Google Calendar interact.

It's important to note that HubSpot has never supported the Google Meet link and the Google Meet link was generated and added to the calendar event outside of HubSpot by Google Calendar after a Meeting is booked. We do have recommendations to help, however, due to seeing this shift how it works for so many customers. Try running through these steps to see if this resolves the issue:

If that doesn't help, would you be able to create a link to your own conference room with Google Meet? If so, you can use that link as your location in the HubSpot Meeting Link settings.

Let me know if that helps

Jen

0 Upvotes