CRM

N_Pap

Auto-create companies from contacts without company emails

SOLVE

I am new to HubSpot but, having searched my question, it seems it was asked some time ago but there was no real solution provided.

Some members in a contact list I want to import do not use a company email (or I may not have their email yet) . When I Import this contact list (containing a column for the contact's company), the company is not created automatically. In the contact's card, no associated company is shown.

Automatic creation for companies would be very helpful and useful. Is there any current solution ?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @N_Pap,

With automatic association between contacts and companies switched on, HubSpot will only check the contact's Website URL property if the contact has a freemail account, not the Company field.

I agree that it would be useful if it did look at the company field. (This issue has also been discussed here.)

However, bulk association of records (in this case contacts and companies) is possible via import, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-objects#import-separate-files-to-create-and-associate...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @N_Pap,

With automatic association between contacts and companies switched on, HubSpot will only check the contact's Website URL property if the contact has a freemail account, not the Company field.

I agree that it would be useful if it did look at the company field. (This issue has also been discussed here.)

However, bulk association of records (in this case contacts and companies) is possible via import, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-objects#import-separate-files-to-create-and-associate...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

N_Pap

SOLVE

Thanks a lot for the link, it is not optimal but it really helps.

I just need to export the unique companies from my contacts into a seperate CSV and import them along with the contacts as multiple files with association (the company header should be the same in both CSVs)

0 Upvotes