CRM

SamDube
Participant

Auto-Responders/Out of Office Replies

SOLVE

We recently switched to HubSpot. Previously we were using MailChimp for all of our mailings. One thing I've noticed is that we now receive significantly more out-of-office responses. Has anyone else experienced that? I have no idea what could be causing it. It seems so odd that mailing the same recipients with a different tool would cause more auto-responders, but it's happening. 

Am I the only one who has experienced this?

1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @SamDube,

Thank you for your question.

I haven't personally used Mailchimp, but I did some research and I think the difference might be related to a tool they have called "ReplyTo".  Hubspot doesn't offer a tool that checks to see if a reply to one of your marketing emails is an Auto-reply or not.  To stop these auto-replies from flooding your inbox, you'd have to create filters in your email account to have them go into a separate folder instead of your inbox.  

If you'd like to suggest to our product team that a tool like "ReplyTo" be made available in future product release, please feel free to submit the idea at the Hubspot Ideas Forum.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
louischausse
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SamDube ,

This is now all managed by HubSpot directly:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/manage-your-inbox-s-allow-and-deny-list

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link
vanessa2
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi louischausse, These settings apply to connected inboxes/shared inboxes, not marketing email. Interesting though, thank you.

Jobtoolz
Participant

SOLVE

It's really a must to exclude these auto-replies, after sending a newsletter, we received 500+ out-of-office e-mails...

AstridvanDam
Contributor

SOLVE

Yes, this functionality would be great and very valuable for our organisation!

skma21
Participant

SOLVE

I totally agree- HubSpot needs to create the feature that strips out auto-responders. We also used to use MailChimp and I find the email part of HS's platform really weak in comparison -- not enough flexibility in basic drag-and-drop type modules/WYSIWYG editor. I hate needing to make changes at the template level all the time, just to add an additional speaker to an event email (just as an example.) PLEASE HUBSPOT - improve your email features and functionality!!!!

amcclane
Participant

SOLVE

I also experience this. I am going to set up filters in my inbox to catch these vacation notices, but I'd love a solution from HubSpot if possible. Coming in to 876 messages is not really a good way to start the day. 🙂

BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @SamDube,

Thank you for your question.

I haven't personally used Mailchimp, but I did some research and I think the difference might be related to a tool they have called "ReplyTo".  Hubspot doesn't offer a tool that checks to see if a reply to one of your marketing emails is an Auto-reply or not.  To stop these auto-replies from flooding your inbox, you'd have to create filters in your email account to have them go into a separate folder instead of your inbox.  

If you'd like to suggest to our product team that a tool like "ReplyTo" be made available in future product release, please feel free to submit the idea at the Hubspot Ideas Forum.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

hjekel
Participant

SOLVE
Hi,
Is there a way within HubSpot that when you Send a DripMail campaign of let’s say three mails in a period of two working weeks, that if the first one gets an OOO reply, the second one is automatically send the next working week ? Same with the third one..

Thanks,
Henk
SamDube
Participant

SOLVE

That makes a whole lot of sense. Thank you!

0 Upvotes