CRM

tomas212
Participant

Auto Re-Assigning Companies

SOLVE

Hi, 

Let's say we have 2 sales representatives - Mark and Peter. 

Peter is the owner of Company A in HubSpot. Mark needs to send one email to one of the contacts that are assigned to Company A (but he doesn't want to take over the company). After sending this e-mail, Hubspot automatically re-assigns the company to Mark, thus Peter is no longer the owner of Company A. 

I don't know if this is how HubSpot has been designed or is it a bug, but we would need to stop this. 

Thank you. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
tomas212
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @sharonlicari 

thank you. I didn't know there is a Property History. After I opened it I found the property got changed by a workflow because of the 'if branch' not being defined very well. I redefined it and I think it should be fixed now.

Tomas.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @tomas212 

Could you please provide an example where we can see the Company Owner has been re-assigned?

The more screenshots, details, and information you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
tomas212
Participant

SOLVE

I am sorry but I don't know what screenshots I can provide. But I can try to explain it more in-depth. 

There is Company A and the owner was my colleague because the company is his account. I had to send an email to one person working in this company, but it wasn't sales related and it was just one email. I didn't want to take over the company and make it my account. After I sent this email and got a reply, HubSpot made me the owner of Company A. That's a problem in terms of notifications, reporting system, automation etc. 

My questions is, is this how HubSpot has been designed or is it a technical issue? Can I fix it somehow? 

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @tomas212 

This is not the expected behavior, I did a test on my own portal and the company was not reassigned to me. 

Could you please send me a screenshot for the Company Owner property History where I can see this has been changed? 

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
tomas212
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @sharonlicari 

thank you. I didn't know there is a Property History. After I opened it I found the property got changed by a workflow because of the 'if branch' not being defined very well. I redefined it and I think it should be fixed now.

Tomas.