CRM

MDavenport7
Contributor

Auto Populate Company info from Email Domain?

SOLVE

Do you know if Company details can auto populate in Hubspot? (similiar to Salesforce)

1. Auto Populate Company:
If I enter the company name as I'm creating the contact.
It should show me suggestions to ensure I'm talking about the right company. As this data already exist inside Hubspot.

Or it should automatically populate, based on the email domain on the Contact. This would be the preferred method. 

The data needed is already in Hubspot, this seems like it should already be possible as soon as I create a Company, it autopopulates with all of the data.
This would simply be a quick change to the code on the backend to monitor email addresses for domains.

Once this is done, then it would also update the Contact fields

2. Auto Populate Contact:
The contact should be updated with the address of the company once the Company is populated/ attached to the contact.
b. Company Phone as well
c. Time Zone as well

So all I really need to enter manually is the name, email, and mobile phone.

1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@MDavenport7  This is currently not a function that is available as an off the shelf feature.

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
CFalstad
Contributor

SOLVE

@christopher-RVO any thoughts on how to STOP new company records from being created if the email domains are different from the company domain? This automatic creation of a new company because an email domain of the contacts is wreaking havoc on our system. I'd certainly appreciate any insights, help you may offer. Thank you!

Cheryl Falstad

cfalstad@kleenmark.com

KleenMark

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@MDavenport7  This is currently not a function that is available as an off the shelf feature.

0 Upvotes
MDavenport7
Contributor

SOLVE
OK, thanks.
Do you know who we could talk to in order to fix it?
0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO

SOLVE

@MDavenport7  you can mark this post as solved, and post your idea here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

christopher-RVO

SOLVE

@MDavenport7 

1. This is possible by entering the Company Domain - HubSpot's Insights tool will pull publicly known data based on the URL. 
  2. On a free account, this isn't possible. But achievable through a workflow on a pro account. As an alternative, you can leverage HubSpot's AI tool with your email inbox which can scrape the footers of received emails and load data such as company phone, address, etc into the contact's CRM Profile. You can enable the AI tool by going to Settings>Objects>Fill contact details from emails with HubSpot AI. Ensure that your inbox is connected before you do this (Settings>General>Email>Connect personal email)

MDavenport7
Contributor

SOLVE

So as I'm creating a Contact, I just need to add Company domain as a field to enter?

But it can't pull the same data from the email domain?

I don't mind becoming a paid user.
However I'd want to enter the company name and have it pull the data.
Or preferably I'd want it to pull the info from the contact email domain.

The AI solution seems like a large work around for such a simple problem.
Rather than waiting for them to respond, it should just be created when I create the contact.
Then I should be able to "Clone" the contact and edit in order to create new contacts on the Company profile.

It's just a faster way to traverse the CRM

It sounds like you're saying this isn't currently available.
Who would be able to fix this at Hubspot?
Thanks!

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO

SOLVE

This would be as you are creating a company in HubSpot. 

If you upgrade to a professional package, you could run a workflow to copy the data from the company record to the contact record in real time. Alternatively, if you buy an Operations Pro package, you could extract the domain from the contact's email address and auto-create companies from there. 

Entering the company name won't pull the data as their is more than one company that exists at that name typically. For example, Apple Inc and Apple Records. They are uniquely identified by their domain. 

Hope that helps

MDavenport7
Contributor

SOLVE

I'd want it to fill in as I create a Contact...
My goal would be to avoid needing to make a Company profile manually.
I prefer to work Contacts.
It sounds like you're saying that's not possible is that correct?

If there are multiple companies with the name, then I should be able to scroll down the list to find the correct one.
If there are too many, then at the bottom after a few, there should be a "Click for more" button which opens to a full list, then I can filter the list via state, number of employees, etc.... so I can easily find the company that I'm looking for.

All of this data is already stored in Hubspot so it's not a big addition to the platform, in my mind, being non technical.

Also, if I used an email domain, this solves all of these issues...
Which is why I said it should be solved when I write the email of the Contact as it tells Hubspot exactly which company they work for.

0 Upvotes