CRM

MartChris

Auto-Assign Contact Owner as Deal Owner

SOLVE

How does one automatically assign a contact to deal owner? In other words when we create a contact on a deal, how do we get all contacts under a deal to be assigned to the deal owner without doing it manually?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MartChris,

This type of automation requires a Professional or Enterprise subscription. With workflows, you can enroll contact when their contact owner is known and the owner of their associated deals is unknown. For those records, you could copy the owner information from the contact owner field to the deal owner field.

It can probably also be done using HubSpot's integration with Zapier: https://blog.hubspot.com/service/customer-interviews (Sending contacts to a Google Sheet or Microsoft Excel, copying the owner information from a sheet with contact records to a sheet with deal records, sending this information back to HubSpot – I haven't tested this and I would run this by my data privacy officer if I were you.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MartChris,

This type of automation requires a Professional or Enterprise subscription. With workflows, you can enroll contact when their contact owner is known and the owner of their associated deals is unknown. For those records, you could copy the owner information from the contact owner field to the deal owner field.

It can probably also be done using HubSpot's integration with Zapier: https://blog.hubspot.com/service/customer-interviews (Sending contacts to a Google Sheet or Microsoft Excel, copying the owner information from a sheet with contact records to a sheet with deal records, sending this information back to HubSpot – I haven't tested this and I would run this by my data privacy officer if I were you.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.