CRM

HerveFR
Participant

Attach a deal task to the deal contacts

SOLVE

Hi everybody,

All my deals always have at least 2 contacts, a candidat and a customer, as I'm a recruiter.

When adding a new task to an existing deal, is it possible for Hubspot to autmatically attach the new Task to the 2 deal contacts, by default ? Each time I create a new deal task, I have to manually select the 2 contacts and most of the time, I forget to do this ...

Thanks for your help 🙂

1 Accepted solution
kthng
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

HubSpot will automatically associate certain activities in a record to the record's associated objects.  Whether an activity automatically associates depends on the type of activity and which object the activity originates in.

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 10.04.40 PM.png

For example, a note logged on a contact record will automatically associate to the contact record's associated company, but not to the contact record's associated tickets.

In your scenario, creating a task on an existing deal will only automatically associate it to the associated company record. For associated contact records, it seems like the only option is to do a manual association at the moment. 

You can check out this aritcle: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records

😊

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
HerveFR
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @kthng for this answer ... but it will not be practical at all for me 😞

0 Upvotes
kthng
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

HubSpot will automatically associate certain activities in a record to the record's associated objects.  Whether an activity automatically associates depends on the type of activity and which object the activity originates in.

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 10.04.40 PM.png

For example, a note logged on a contact record will automatically associate to the contact record's associated company, but not to the contact record's associated tickets.

In your scenario, creating a task on an existing deal will only automatically associate it to the associated company record. For associated contact records, it seems like the only option is to do a manual association at the moment. 

You can check out this aritcle: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records

😊