CRM

JamesG1
Participant

Associating paid ad spend with company records

SOLVE

Hi there,

We're a digital ad agency, and we often bill clients as a % of their overall media spend.

At the moment, it's a manual process to collect ad spend for the month passed and calculate billing.

Are there any solutions available that would enable us to pull a clients ad spend in, and have it associated with their company record to be updated on the 1st day of each month.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JamesG1,

I would say that would depend on what platforms you're pulling ad spend from. If it's just Google Ads, you could probably do that with Zapier. If there are other mediums that are spending which you also want to pull in, you could potentially create something in which it pulls into Google Sheets and then Zapier/HubSpot. Alternatively, you could pull each medium into a different property in HubSpot with Zapier and then use calculated fields to pull a percentage. 

Short answer...I think it's possible, but it will require a bit of leg work.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ryan-cambium
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @JamesG1. You probably went with a workaround for this problem a long time ago, but for others that come across this in the future -- there's a better solution!

My company recently released a "VLOOKUP for HubSpot" solution on the marketplace. It avoids Zapier, and other manual activities and allows you to easily look up values from a HubSpot record in a Google Sheet and bring back a value that you can write to another field. 

Hope that helps!

- Ryan

Cambium Apps

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JamesG1,

I would say that would depend on what platforms you're pulling ad spend from. If it's just Google Ads, you could probably do that with Zapier. If there are other mediums that are spending which you also want to pull in, you could potentially create something in which it pulls into Google Sheets and then Zapier/HubSpot. Alternatively, you could pull each medium into a different property in HubSpot with Zapier and then use calculated fields to pull a percentage. 

Short answer...I think it's possible, but it will require a bit of leg work.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer