CRM

IreneG
参加者

Associating deals with campaigns

Hi there, 

I would like to be able to associate deals with campaigns in order to have a better view on what is driving what. 

I thought I could create a custom dropdown field that uses the campaign name values, but apparently I can't. 

Has anyone done something similar any other way? I don't want a single line of text for the sales person to add anything because that'll be messy. The only thing I can think of is to create a dropdown and add new values whenever I add a new campaign, but that might not be sustainable long term.

I know there are source fields in the deals, but that's not enough. 

Thanks.

8件の返信
HHall-Brown
参加者

I'd also like this functionality. I think the logical solution would be to create associations between campaign object and the account object. This way, when visiting the account record you will see the associated campaign, and while visiting the campaign record, you will see the accounts linked to that campaign. Deals would flow through from the account as I understand. Or similarly, create a Campaign > Deal object assocation, too. 

squigglebit
投稿者

Another vote for needing this

dhebert
参加者

Hello Irene - have you found a solutoion for this as I'm interested in doing the same. The contacts linked to campaigns isn't working for us, we'd like to associate a deal to the campaign just so we can see the revenue that came from that campaign (using campaigns exclusively to track varius trade shows and conferences we attend). If you wouldn't mind detailing how you created the custom field and how that tied into deals, that'd be much appreciated!

IreneG
参加者

I'm seeing this one year later. Sorry about that. 
I just created a dropdown field in the deals and added manually the campaign names. Every time a new campaign is added, I have to manually add that field, but it is the only solution I found so far. If you have any other idea please let me know. 

squigglebit
投稿者

We create hundreds of deals a day this would be far beyond a manual process
for us sadly.
I’m surprised HS have not addressed this basic functionality
IreneG
参加者

Thanks for the reply Ian. 

The campaigns association through contacts is not enough, that's why I wanted to have a direct Source Campaign associated with the deal.  I've created a custom field and added the list of campaigns and updated for each new one, it's the only solution I found. 

Ian_Matt
投稿者

Hi @IreneG , if you're using HubSpot's campaign tool you can associate assets with a campaign. That way if new contacts are generated from a campaing and a deal is closed with this contact the deal will appear here as well as the associated revenue. (See screenshot below) 

Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 16.25.34.png

Other than that if it's just something you'd like to make a manual note of yourself for creating lists or reports you could just create a custom deal property with dropdown options to be selected. You would of course need to update this dropdown list if new campaigns are being run.

orangepegs
投稿者 | Platinum Partner
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

The major limitation is that it only focuses on deals that close