CRM

ABuchthal
Participante

Associating a deal with a note from within a workflow

resolver

Right now I have a workflow that is creating a new deal when a condition is met from another deal. I have all of the associations of the first deal being copied to the new one upon creation, but there's no option to associate any existing notes from the old deal to the new deal as well, and this is what I want to do.

I do not have Ops Hub, so no option to code this in or I would. Is there any code-free way to make this happen? Seems silly that every other association type is an option and this one isn't.

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @ABuchthal,

Correct, this does not seem to be possible then. Other users have requested this before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Control-timeline-activity-associations-to-associated-...

I'd recommend upvoting and commenting. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

You can also help other users find this information more easily by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

5 Respostas 5
PNispel
Participante

resolver

Hey, 

with code actions in workflows you would just be using the Associations API here anyway, so in case you have any option to do this externally, that also works. As you cannot use webhooks in Hubspot workflows without Ops Hub, it will have to be a little hacky. 

One approach could be to use something like make.com or Zapier to trigger based on new google sheets rows, then in your workflow add a new sheet row with all the IDs and information you need, then use make.com or Zapier to handle the API requests (or send the data to your server that does).

ABuchthal
Participante

resolver

I am a heavy zapier user and explored using it for this purpose pretty extensively. The issue I ran into is that a note isn't considered an object, it's considered an engagement, so with the 'create association' step in Zapier there didn't seem to be a way to create the association with an existing engagement, only to make a new one and link it to whatever I wanted. I know I can get the note id into the google sheet from within the hubspot workflow, but there isn't an object type available for the action, to my understanding. Have you had success treating it as a ticket or something like that for a workaround in the past?

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @ABuchthal,

There isn't any explicit option to achieve this, correct. However, when you create a deal record from a workflow, you should see this option to carry over associations from the company record:

karstenkoehler_0-1669872915474.png

By default, the associated company record should have all associated notes, unless you actively unassociated them from the company, see this table: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records

karstenkoehler_1-1669873057203.png

Outside of this default behavior, I'm not aware of any other ways to achieve this. This currently requires custom code, either via Operations Hub or as a standalone app based on the HubSpot API.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ABuchthal
Participante

resolver
Unfortunately we are often hosting deals with contacts only, not companies,
so this isn't an association option to bring over. Wish it were available
to change our default associations when we open notes with deals so that
they associate with the contact instead of the company!
0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @ABuchthal,

Correct, this does not seem to be possible then. Other users have requested this before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Control-timeline-activity-associations-to-associated-...

I'd recommend upvoting and commenting. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

You can also help other users find this information more easily by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler