CRM

DCrinnion
Contributor

Associating Multiple Companies

SOLVE

Hi All,

In a bit of sticky situation where I have been tasked with setting up our ABM features however the data integrity in our Hubspot is very poor i.e. 60 Accounts of the same names company. Therefore when setting target accounts where there are multiple contacts in other accounts it is going to be very hard to measure outreach on target accounts as someone they may reach out to could be associated to another account the same name. I have thought as a bit of a workaround I can just associate all companies named the same (I know its long and tedious but atleast it gets the job done hahah) Just wanted to know what I get out of associating companies, will contact outreach be then associated to both companies?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DCrinnion,

By default, it will not, but you can select the related company association when logging an activity. In that case, it would show on their activity feed as well.  

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 10.46.29 AM.png

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @DCrinnion,

Not that I am aware of if the contact is not associated with all of those companies. If your contacts were associated with all of those companies, that's a different story...but it sounds like you have contacts that are associated with some companies and then the companies are associated with other companies. 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @DCrinnion,

While this might work in the short term, it's not the best long-term solution in my opinion. I would take the time to clean up the data. If you don't have Ops Hub Ent, I would suggest downloading the data in CSV and aligning one company record as the primary associated company and then working to either merge or delete the duplicate companies that still exist. If there isn't valuable information on those records they could be deleted, if there are other things you want to remain, merging would be the best solution. 

If you do have Ops Hub Ent, this can be handled more efficiently. 

If you don't want to do this, a short answer to your question is "kind of". You could extract the engagements in a report, but the activity you need won't be shown in your ABM tool as activity to a related company if that activity isn't logged on the record.

Josh

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
DCrinnion
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey Josh! Thank you very much for the feedback. Just to confirm then activities on contacts that are associated to a company that is associated to another company won't be logged on the associated companies feed? 

Unfortunately its not that I dont want to clean it up, its just that my management are looking for quick results and we wont have the budget for a consultant to come in and clean.

0 Upvotes
TayoOlajide
Participant

SOLVE

Hi DCrimmion, 

I was also in this similar situation a while ago and we decided to really clean the data base first before any further work. However the bottle neck was that there was so much duplicate company and contact data we needed to clean and it would consume time and because we do not have operations hub we looked for another tool within the budget. We used Dedupely and that got us from about 2k plus duplicates to about 100 plus and we could merge those manually or reject them if they were not to be merged. The tool costed 140usd for a month. This could either be one solution or you take the time to sort out the data one after the other 

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DCrinnion,

By default, it will not, but you can select the related company association when logging an activity. In that case, it would show on their activity feed as well.  

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 10.46.29 AM.png

Josh Curcio

DCrinnion
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you very much Josh! This is really helpful. I think I may have to stick to this process for now but I do agree that once we get the time and the budget we will look to clear everything out. Just to confirm we can't make that a default process where it automatically logs to associated companies each time?

0 Upvotes
Jonas_De_Mets
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @DCrinnion

The default process will only log to the primary company as documented here.

Building on @Josh his excellent replies and your latest comment. If you want to track the activities on all companies you would either want to delete company records (no linked activities / contacts) or merge these companies.

FYI we created Koalify a plugin to make deduplication easy in HubSpot. Especially our duplicate cards might be useful for you:

Hope this helps!

Jonas De Mets
RevOps & Co-Founder @ Koalify

Connect via LinkedIn

Did my reply help answer your question? Please mark it as a solution.

0 Upvotes