CRM

infiniteloop
Contributor

Associating Form Submission with Deal

SOLVE

We've been using the Hubspot form as a quote/order request form.

What's the best way to link the form submission information to a deal?

I can see that emails and notes can be associated with a deal but a form submission cannot.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @infiniteloop,

You're correct, this is currently not possible. I'm also not aware of any quick and clean workarounds.

(The best thing I can think of would be a custom code action in workflows that logs form submissions to deals as notes. It would require a Operations Hub Professional subscription and some coding.)

Other users already have requested that form submissions should also show up on the deal record: Add/associate form submission activity with deal along with contact 

The product team reviews these requests based on popularity and demand. I'd recommend upvoting and commenting.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
BLevin
Participant

SOLVE

This would be an amazing way to gather information for a deal

ShoemakerFilms
Participant

SOLVE

I Strongly agree with this function.  I have a lead form on my website which is linked to Hubspot.  Once I've contacted the lead and qualified them and we are discussing next steps, I want to be able to send a second form as a questionnaire to build out a more detailed proposal.  It would be great if I could send the Hubspot form to the client, have them fill it out and its automatically logged to the Deal.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ShoemakerFilms,

Thank you for sharing your product feedback!

If you haven't done so yet, I would recommend adding this feedback to this existing idea in the Ideas Forum and upvoting it to show your support. Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
AndrewinKC
Contributor

SOLVE

This would be super helpful for us to track RFP/RFI activity. I would like to have the deal owner fill out a form where they provide information related to the RFI/RFP and then ti that back to the deal.

Thanks - AndrewinKC

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AndrewinKC,

Thank you for your product feedback! I appreciate you explaining how this feature would help you out 🙂 

I would encourage you to add this feedback to this existing idea and upvote it to show your support. Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. 

Best,

Kristen

JM4
Participant

SOLVE

I also wish this was a current feature. Here is a workaround we use, assuming the Contact is asssociated with the Deal:

- Create duplicate Deal properties for the Contact properties in the Form

- Create a workflow to copy this property over

• Trigger: when form submitted OR when specific property is known
  • Action: Copy property value - Contact > Deal

I hope this helps!

RAbella
Participant

SOLVE

Hey! thanks for this workaround, it works! However, the default option in Hubspot is that it updates all deal properties associated with the contact. Sometimes we get customers who fill out a form twice in a row (with different data) to apply for a service, thus creating 2 deal records. What happens is that the older record gets overwritten with data from the new one. Just wondering if you've encountered the same case and have found a way to fix? 

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JM4 hope you are going well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @infiniteloop,

You're correct, this is currently not possible. I'm also not aware of any quick and clean workarounds.

(The best thing I can think of would be a custom code action in workflows that logs form submissions to deals as notes. It would require a Operations Hub Professional subscription and some coding.)

Other users already have requested that form submissions should also show up on the deal record: Add/associate form submission activity with deal along with contact 

The product team reviews these requests based on popularity and demand. I'd recommend upvoting and commenting.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

IResendiz4

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Is your response still in effect in 2024?

Thanks!