CRM

WdeGale

Associating Contacts with Notes

SOLVE

I use Notes associated with Contacts and Companies to record meetings.  Until today I have been able to associate multiple Contacts and Companies with a single note, using the "Associated with..." link at the bottom right of the Note, which opened up a search box to allow me to search for more people/firms to associate with the Note.  Now this box only allows me to search for entities ALREADY associated with the Note, which is pointless.  Has this changed very recently, or have I accidentally changed a setting, or is this association mechanism malfunctioning?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WdeGale,

You can still add new associations to notes. When clicking associations on the bottom, it will initially show those who are already associated. If you click the other objects (contacts, companies, etc.) directly below, it will allow you to search your HubSpot portal and add other associations to the notes. I don't believe it is malfunctioning, but perhaps an upgrade to functionality.

associate.png

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @WdeGale,

You can still add new associations to notes. When clicking associations on the bottom, it will initially show those who are already associated. If you click the other objects (contacts, companies, etc.) directly below, it will allow you to search your HubSpot portal and add other associations to the notes. I don't believe it is malfunctioning, but perhaps an upgrade to functionality.

associate.png

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

MSemnet

SOLVE

Hi, may I check on this? I encounter that the associated does not work now like it does in the past.

example; I have deal and contact, company are already added to the deal but when i enter a new note or log a call under this deal, the contact is not associated with it automatically.

I have to go to the bottom right to associate it on my own. 

I have encounter this on many updates and not just 1-2 so is figuring out what happen. 

0 Upvotes
WdeGale

SOLVE

Josh - you are absolutely correct.  Thank you.  This "upgrade" has actually added two or more steps to adding a new association (I can no longer search for a company and its associated contacts all at the same time, I have to search for each contact separately) and I'm not sure what benefit it brings ... but at least association is till possible.  Your help is very much appreciated.

0 Upvotes