CRM

James3375

Associated Companies

SOLVE

When I go into dashboards and drll down to contacts worked, only some of the contacts show associated companies. I cannot see what the difference is between the ones that do and the ones that do not. Has anybody got any ideas?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Associated Companies

SOLVE

Hi @James3375,

My only guess is that the activity was only logged to the contact record and not the company record (even if the company and contact are associated). I'd be happy to dig into this with you a bit more if that's not the case. Feel free to book some time to my calendar.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Josh
Solution

Associated Companies

SOLVE

Hi @James3375,

My only guess is that the activity was only logged to the contact record and not the company record (even if the company and contact are associated). I'd be happy to dig into this with you a bit more if that's not the case. Feel free to book some time to my calendar.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
James3375

Associated Companies

SOLVE

Hi Josh

Thanks for your reply. I had another look at it following this and seem to have isolated the issue to the mobile app. 

Previously If you went into a deal or contact  that was associated with a company/contact this would automatically log the activity against all the assocaitions and bring through on reports. Now you have to associate the company/deal each time you log an activity against a contact in the app. It's a bit of pain but a work around. The desktop site continues to do it automatically.

Jamie

GrantCarlile
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Associated Companies

SOLVE

Is there a setting to default associate at this point, or do you still have to log it each time?

The Associations page calls out the ability to "You can change the primary association and manually associate activities with the other companies.". Hope this helps!