CRM

TinaOtt
Miembro

Associate former company record with new company record after rebranding

resolver

Hey There,

I'm trying to find a way to associate 2 company records with each other. Both records ultimately represent the same company - 1 record is from before the company rebranding and 1 after. We need to keep 2 separate records and historical data per each though we also need a connection or link between the records to be able to have all information centralised and accessible for our sales team. This is not a single case.

Any suggestions on how to best cover this scenario?

Thank you!

2 Soluciones aceptadas
danmoyle
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

@TinaOtt Would it work to have the new re-branded Company as the parent company, and the old instance as the child company? That's the only way I'm aware of to associate 2 Company records to each other without merging them. By the way, merging was my first thought because a rebrand means the old brand is gone, so that won't be active anymore, and a merge would bring everything together into one record. But you said you want them separate. So my thought is parent/child company. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
TinaOtt
Solución
Miembro

resolver

Thanks so much for your response! We'll give that a go!

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
danmoyle
Solución

resolver

@TinaOtt Would it work to have the new re-branded Company as the parent company, and the old instance as the child company? That's the only way I'm aware of to associate 2 Company records to each other without merging them. By the way, merging was my first thought because a rebrand means the old brand is gone, so that won't be active anymore, and a merge would bring everything together into one record. But you said you want them separate. So my thought is parent/child company. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Me gusta
TinaOtt
Solución
Miembro

resolver

Thanks so much for your response! We'll give that a go!

0 Me gusta