CRM

SRajasekar

Associate contacts and companies

SOLVE

Enabled "create and associate companies with contact" checkbox.

I have company Test Care Center and contact'email  say sample@testcc.com.

The system creates a company called testcc and associates the contact to it. Why does it doesn't associate when it has Test Care Center.

Is there a way not to create new companies and associate only with existing?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @SRajasekar 

The association matching in HubSpot is based on the email domain of the contact and the domain of the company. This article states "HubSpot automatically associates contacts with companies by matching the domain in a contact's Email value to the company's Company domain name value."

In your case it sounds like your existing company "Test Care Center" doesn't have a company domain. Therefore HubSpot creates a new company. The company name is normally populated via HubSpot Insights if this is switched on and the company exists in HubSpot's database. If not, HubSpot has no way of automatically populating the company name.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey SRajasekar,

We have an app called Associ8 that can help! It can associate two objects together based on search parameters you set. Check it out here.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help setting up. I'd be happy to hop on a call with you!

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DStaat, I hope you are doing well 😊

Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @SRajasekar 

The association matching in HubSpot is based on the email domain of the contact and the domain of the company. This article states "HubSpot automatically associates contacts with companies by matching the domain in a contact's Email value to the company's Company domain name value."

In your case it sounds like your existing company "Test Care Center" doesn't have a company domain. Therefore HubSpot creates a new company. The company name is normally populated via HubSpot Insights if this is switched on and the company exists in HubSpot's database. If not, HubSpot has no way of automatically populating the company name.

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project