CRM

roldannn

Associate a contact to two companies

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

I have a contact who works in two different companies. I want to associate to this two companies, but i can´t do it. If i associate to one companie the contact de-associate to the other.

I guess, that the unique solution is to duplicate and create a contact-2 to assign to the company B.

Do you have any idea to solve it ?

Thanks a lot 

Roldannn

1 Accepted solution
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @roldannn at this time it is not possible to associate one contact record to multiple company records. You can vote for this feature request here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Associate-one-contact-to-multiple-companies/idi-p/192...

It is possible to create parent/child relationships between two companies and then associate the parent company with the contact in question. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @roldannn,

This is now possible! The feature is in early access and you can opt-in for early access to the new associations, more details in this knowledgebase article:

Associate multiple companies with a contact, deal, or ticket and use association labels

Hope this helps! If it does, you can make it easier for others to find this information by accepting my post as a solution.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
jimboroberts
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi Roldannn,

There is a fix for this currently in beta. You can apply to be added to the update here.

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
Markos
Participant

SOLVE

Another approach you might find useful is associating a deal to the contact and to a different company than the one the contact belongs to.

This way you can have a "freelancing" contact you can communicate with concerning different companies.

Bar
Participant

SOLVE

Does this work also if I associate the contacts in two different deals? 

Is there a way to see t only relevant emails for each deal?

0 Upvotes
Markos
Participant

SOLVE

Seems to separate the communication pretty effectively, I cannot figure out the logic without further digging though. Email subject is a guess, sending relevant emails per deal through Hubspot from the email tab of the Deal would be the way to safely do it.

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @roldannn at this time it is not possible to associate one contact record to multiple company records. You can vote for this feature request here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Associate-one-contact-to-multiple-companies/idi-p/192...

It is possible to create parent/child relationships between two companies and then associate the parent company with the contact in question. 

0 Upvotes