CRM

thesmith
Miembro

Associate Company with a Company

resolver

It appears not to be possible to create a custom association between a company and another company. Could I confirm this?

Specifically I want to be able to model that a firm has invested in another.

This may be possible to model by adding the individual investor that did the investment, but often this is unclear or the investor has left but the investment firm still has an interest in the company.

2 Soluciones aceptadas
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @thesmith,

You're correct, while it's possible to associate contacts to multiple contacts, companies cannot be associated with each other. I'd recommend submitting a request in the HubSpot Ideas section or adding to this existing request.

My personal assumption is that HubSpot is planning on introducing this but it will probably take a while.

At this very moment, the only solution for this would be custom objects – not available in the Starter subscription, unfortunately, only in Enterprise. Your suppliers could be such a custom object. (By default, HubSpot isn't very good at managing relationships that incorporate multiple companies or indirect sales.)

As far as easy (albeit insufficient) workarounds go, you can pin notes to the top of any record and include links to its related records. For example, on the company record of supplier 1, you pin a note including the links to the records of company A and B. This relationship will not reflect in any tool (list, workflow etc.) but it helps you at least navigate.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @thesmith and everyone,

Great news, it's now possible to associate records of the same type, see this public beta:

Tickets | Custom Objects | Contacts | Deals | Companies

[Public Beta] Associate Records of the Same Object Type

Oct 18, 2023

What is it?

Same object associations give customers the ability to associate a CRM record to another record of the same object type e.g. a contact to a contact or a deal to a deal. These new associations are available for contacts, companies, deals, tickets and custom objects and can be leveraged across core HubSpot tools. Watch a short video on how this works.

Why does it matter?

Customers want HubSpot to reflect the reality of their business; this often includes a web of contacts or a collection of related companies. Without the ability to connect contacts to contacts, companies to companies and other objects to their same type, customers have been missing key relationships in HubSpot.

How does it work?

Users can now create associations between records of the same type for contacts, companies, deals, tickets and custom objects. On each record, you’ll see a new section in the right sidebar which reflects the type of record you’re on e.g. you’ll see a contacts section while on a contact record.

Customers with at least one Pro or Enterprise subscription can also create either a single label which is the same in both directions e.g. two contacts have the label colleague or a pair of labels representing two sides of a specific relationship e.g. student and teacher. When applying labels, you’re able to preview the application of the labels to ensure it’s correct before creating a new associations.

Same object associations can be leveraged in the following features:

• Calculated properties
  • Custom Report Builder
  • Import
  • Index Pages
  • Lists
  • Records
  • Workflows

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers can create associations between records of the same object type (with custom objects being available to enterprise tiers only). Labels are only available to Pro+ customers as well as in custom report builder and workflow support.

You can find this beta here:

karstenkoehler_0-1697744854924.png

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

8 Respuestas 8
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @thesmith and everyone,

Great news, it's now possible to associate records of the same type, see this public beta:

Tickets | Custom Objects | Contacts | Deals | Companies

[Public Beta] Associate Records of the Same Object Type

Oct 18, 2023

What is it?

Same object associations give customers the ability to associate a CRM record to another record of the same object type e.g. a contact to a contact or a deal to a deal. These new associations are available for contacts, companies, deals, tickets and custom objects and can be leveraged across core HubSpot tools. Watch a short video on how this works.

Why does it matter?

Customers want HubSpot to reflect the reality of their business; this often includes a web of contacts or a collection of related companies. Without the ability to connect contacts to contacts, companies to companies and other objects to their same type, customers have been missing key relationships in HubSpot.

How does it work?

Users can now create associations between records of the same type for contacts, companies, deals, tickets and custom objects. On each record, you’ll see a new section in the right sidebar which reflects the type of record you’re on e.g. you’ll see a contacts section while on a contact record.

Customers with at least one Pro or Enterprise subscription can also create either a single label which is the same in both directions e.g. two contacts have the label colleague or a pair of labels representing two sides of a specific relationship e.g. student and teacher. When applying labels, you’re able to preview the application of the labels to ensure it’s correct before creating a new associations.

Same object associations can be leveraged in the following features:

• Calculated properties
  • Custom Report Builder
  • Import
  • Index Pages
  • Lists
  • Records
  • Workflows

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers can create associations between records of the same object type (with custom objects being available to enterprise tiers only). Labels are only available to Pro+ customers as well as in custom report builder and workflow support.

You can find this beta here:

karstenkoehler_0-1697744854924.png

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

ISharpley
Miembro

resolver

Hi @karstenkoehler,

***found it!***

I am unable to select the companies-to-companies association in my hubspot account (on marketing hub professional tier). Which account time is required? or is it a beta selection in settings?

Many thanks,

Izzy

0 Me gusta
DStaat
Participante

resolver

Hey @thesmith,

Have you heard of Associ8? It automates associations for you. I'm bringing this up because it updated to reflect HubSpot's new Same Object Associations feature.

There's some documentation going over how it works here if you'd like to take a look! And let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

-David Staat
0 Me gusta
ryanjoconnor
Participante

resolver

Hey @thesmith - 

I need this too. My workaround has been to associate companies at the deal level (since you can have multiple companies assigned to a single deal). This enables you to report on these companies too (filter by comapanies with associated deals...). 

Hope that's helpful. There's also a third party app in the marketplace called Associ8 but I haven't done a ton of dilligence on it. 

@karstenkoehler - how can we +1 this to prod as a prio? 

DianaGomez
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @ryanjoconnor hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta
rachel79
Participante

resolver

You can also use the Parent/ Child Company feature

0 Me gusta
thesmith
Miembro

resolver

Unfotunately not as the parent child relationship says a child can only have one parent. In my case a company can have multiple investors.

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @thesmith,

You're correct, while it's possible to associate contacts to multiple contacts, companies cannot be associated with each other. I'd recommend submitting a request in the HubSpot Ideas section or adding to this existing request.

My personal assumption is that HubSpot is planning on introducing this but it will probably take a while.

At this very moment, the only solution for this would be custom objects – not available in the Starter subscription, unfortunately, only in Enterprise. Your suppliers could be such a custom object. (By default, HubSpot isn't very good at managing relationships that incorporate multiple companies or indirect sales.)

As far as easy (albeit insufficient) workarounds go, you can pin notes to the top of any record and include links to its related records. For example, on the company record of supplier 1, you pin a note including the links to the records of company A and B. This relationship will not reflect in any tool (list, workflow etc.) but it helps you at least navigate.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler